I Powder Coated a Christmas Tree

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
We go to a big craft fair called The Maple Leaf Festival in a place called Baldwin City (Kansas) every year in October. I really enjoy it. There are LOTS of great items on display (for sale), and the food options are to die for. Anyway, there is this one guy who makes all kind of lawn decorations out of metal. We have bought several things from him over the years. His stuff is really nice. I always take the stuff we buy from him and sand blast it and powder coat it. I have given many items as gifts. So this year the guy had these neat Christmas trees. I went up to talk to him, and he said, "Hey, you're the guy who does the powder coating." Over the years, I have shown him pictures of some of the things I purchased from him and then powder coated and he remembered. So I bought three trees from him. One for us, and one for each of our daughters. I thought it came out pretty good. I have finished two so far. You can't see it in the picture, But I put on one coat of clear with some sparkle and then a heavy coat of gloss clear. I did the base in a wood-like brown with matte clear.

Tree.JPG

-
Back