I really, really have to stay out of gun shops

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Well, just like last time, I had my S&W in the shop. Last time I picked it up and ended up buying a beautiful Sig Sauer P226 9mm. Same S&W back in the shop. I went to pick it up again. I had been reading about the new Sig Sauer 1911-22 and was going to buy one for me and my daughter to use...eventually. He had one brand new in the box for $25 less than anybody. So I walked out with a new Sig. Built on a full size 1911 frame and chambered in .22 rimfire. It feels nice in the hand, and is extremely light. It has a beavertail hand grip safety and a conventional thumb safety. It also has a skeletonized trigger that looks great, three dot combat sights, and fantastic looking engraved wooden grips. It will be easy to shoot and cheap, and now we will each have a .22 of our own to use in pin shooting competition.
View attachment Sig 1911-22.jpg

nice gun the 1911 is hands down the best american gun ever made

Very nice! I was just out at my gun club for the first time in months.
That should be a sweet shooter!

(I also have to stay out of gun shops) :D

22 is a cool cartrige, you can shoot all day cheap.
My little buddy (11 yrs old) can roll thru a 500 round brick in no time.
I bought him a Rugar 10-22 for his birthday when he was 10.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you give for the pistol?

I'll find out Saturday. My parents house sold so we all have to go up this weekend and take what we want, then haul the rest back to the cities for an estate sale. Going to take advantage of the lonely north woods and shoot off a thousand rounds or more with my brother and his two kids. I bought two gallons of Seafoam, a 5 gallon bucket and a carb soaking basket. I disassemble my guns, drop them in the basket and lets them soak. Run a patch through and wipe them down and they are cleaned and oiled. I love Seafoam!

22 is a cool cartrige, you can shoot all day cheap.
My little buddy (11 yrs old) can roll thru a 500 round brick in no time.
I bought him a Rugar 10-22 for his birthday when he was 10.
If you don't mind me asking how much did you give for the pistol?

It was amazingly cheap. $375 brand new. That was less than at Gander Mountain where my daughter works and I get her discount.

Absolutely nuthin better than a 1911. . . . . As long as they're not disgraced by being chambered with our beaten enemies' inferior round - the POS 9mm

Nice gun, and yes gun shops are like crack. LOL

They're worse than crack! I had to decide between my two hobbies, Mopars or guns, years ago. Couldn't afford two addictions. Nice gun, damn I need to go shootin!!!!

When I first saw it I thought for sure it was the Sig 1911 in .45 acp.... I was going to hate you for a long, long time, lol. Still a very sweet, beautiful pistol, hard to find anything made by Sig for that price.

Keep us updated and let us know how it shoots!

That would suck, it's sort of like a vehicle analogy.
you could have a big car but it has to be licensed for you to even own it, or you could have a quad.

The wooden grips sure look nice, but they're useless... try shooting 50 rounds at the range, eventually your hands start to get sweaty and the gun has a small amount of slip after you fire. Throws off your aim big time. At least that's my experience with it. I'd get a good rubber grip so you can switch them out as you please :) You'll shoot straighter!

Bought the Kimber version of it a while back.......was not real impressed with it.....

The wooden grips sure look nice, but they're useless... try shooting 50 rounds at the range, eventually your hands start to get sweaty and the gun has a small amount of slip after you fire. Throws off your aim big time. At least that's my experience with it. I'd get a good rubber grip so you can switch them out as you please :) You'll shoot straighter!

These are laser etched. No way are they ever getting slick. I have rubber on my P226. I am planning on putting 1000 rounds at least through it this Saturday. We'll have to see.

Bought the Kimber version of it a while back.......was not real impressed with it.....

Kimber is Kimber, Sig Sauer is quality. All the reviews are spectacular. I had a Kimber 1911 in .45 and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned. If it was heavier I would have tied a rope on it and used it for a boat anchor.

Kimber is junk??? You are entitled to your opinion.....The one I fire the most, it is a 45, has well over 10k rounds, hand loads, factory reloads, you name it with 0 jams. I am far from a marksman but groups under an inch with out an issue. Can often produce the one ragged hole with it.....As far as SIG being quality some people say Chebbies are good cars.....everyone is entitled to there own opinion.. And I was wrong, my Kimber did have 1 jam, it was a round from when I was adjusting the crimp die on the reloading press...the case had a slight bulge in it......

Kimber is Kimber, Sig Sauer is quality. All the reviews are spectacular. I had a Kimber 1911 in .45 and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned. If it was heavier I would have tied a rope on it and used it for a boat anchor.

ya I had a 2010 ferrari once..... it was junk :violent1:

-
Back