I shot my dog today

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
my junkyard dog. what........... you thought I shot my puppy. noooooo. But there has been some days I would like to shoot his ***. Momma would shoot me. I had a surface rust issue in front where the vinyl top was and I had to take care of it before winter set in so I shot it with some primer.

Attachments

• DSC03784 (Copy).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC03785 (Copy).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC03818 (Copy).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC03819 (Copy).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC03825 (Copy).JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC03829 (Copy).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC03829.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC03830.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 444
Got me!!!! I am happy to see this instead of a .......... well you can imagine :sad4:

Looks like you got that behind you, good move that needed to be dun :cheers:

yeah MeMike, if i had not done this I would probably have a sun roof by spring.

TXDart, right now I am gonna shoot some cream color on it tomorrow along with some clear coat just to get it through the winter. He is gonna drive it while he starts the restoration. he is leaning towards the yellow that is on the new Dodge cars. It is going to be detonator yellow with black stripes and hood and a spoiler. should look good when it is done. We are just trying to get all the parts on it right now from being stripped in a field for 20 years.

I am going to have to do that to 2 of my vinyl top darts...Did you use paint stripper or just da it off...Great job and thanks for posting.

had to use an air angle grinder with 50 grit roloc pads. Da wouldnt touch it. finished it off with 150 grit. then seam sealer the drip area. 3 coats of 2 part epoxy primer. Gonna shoot some cream color just for looks and then put a can or two of clear coat to get it through the winter months. Then prolly take it all down again next spring and put it all one color so he can drive it a little. He cant drive my Duster and he is getting the itch.

I usually do but the epoxy primer seals all the metal and by sitting outside in the weather I didnt want anything to seep through the paint.

Jody, I sent your dash cluster out to you today. Post office was closed yesterday. let me know when you get it.

dang your title got me .....i was going to say "good job".....then i realized it was the car your talking about so to that im also saying "good job". :prayer:

i had a couple dusters before with improperly done vinyl tops which caused thr roofs to rust through.........it is sad when that happens bcoz its a ton of work to replace a top and its so uncalled for when it just takes a little extra time to prep it right and prevent future problems

looking really good :bball:

-
Back