I think I have some really rare parts

-
Those tail lights have the reverse light deleted out....but with a piece that looks like a lens....cool.

Is that WOW for the cache of parts discovered, or for RRR apologies?? I'm confused..... :poke::poke:

The rare parts!!!!!

In 1965 on the A990 cars they used aluminum heads, they only made 101 Dodges and 102 Plymouth’s, who knows how many extra parts.... I’m sure the heads are a sought after item for these cars. They also used a magnesium intake for that year only, also special exhaust headers. Just a little piece of info, with all the rules for 1965 the new A990 cars weighed the same is the 1964 cars for which the rule changes were made! Had to have steel body panels...but Chrysler acid dipped them, light weight heads and intake helped and well as....100’s of modifications were made to the 65 cars to get them in the stock class...but we all know that didn’t last long!

Last edited:
The casting numbers on the dual plug aluminum head, from what I could find, is a Mullen refined D4A pro stock piece. It’s somewhat rare to even see a picture of a set, much less actually have a pair in your possession.

The 1965 A/FX cars (alterds) used a thinner gauge stainless steel k-frame...6 Dodges and 6 Plymouth’s were built...that’s a museum piece!

How did you come across all this cool stuff! Hemi heads stacked up like cord wood...lol

Love the ”Rod Shop” covers....

That looks like stuff out of the Rod Shop pro stock Hemi Colt, anyone else notice the vintage dual distributor setup? I'd just like to have all the junk parts that are deemed unusable. I'd take my chances with epoxy and powder flow and block grout. The tunnel ram is a Weiand, just like used on pro stock in the early 70s. I would bet there's a vintage top witha set of Dominators on it, too.

First I ever heard about any magnesium k frame !!

It's killing me to try an remember...… I know someone had a super close call, if not worse running a mag k-frame in an e-body back in the early 70's, maybe Carlton in the Motown Missile?? But I seriously doubt the one in question here is magnesium at all if it was made back in 64-65 or so. HTH, Lefty71

what exactly is a A990 ?

1965-dodge-coronet-A990-rear-quarter.jpg

Looks like stuff off the 62-65 Super Stock cars, the lightweight, aluminum fendered dedicated factory drag cars. If you're on Facebook, find the group Max Wedge Racers, they will pay a pretty penny for that stuff. Especially that K frame.
what exactly is a A990 ?
Mopar Max Wedge, ultra light, factory race cars. If you have prime, enjoy...

Amazon.com: Watch American Muscle Car | Prime Video

where in Ohio are you located?

First I ever heard about any magnesium k frame !!
I've seen a couple from time to time. Experimental piece from the early 60s. Had to be a factory backed race team according to legend to get one. and the longevity wasn't much and definitely not streetable.

Like said the nostalgia racers would trade Trump's hotel for the stuff! You need to discuss this stuff to the guys that live it and breath it.

Gold mine ! Rub it in , Rub it in !
Just as long as he give da bradda's some fair deals ! Ha ha,
We let him stay !

Like said the nostalgia racers would trade Trump's hotel for the stuff! You need to discuss this stuff to the guys that live it and breath it.

I'd trade Ivanka for it.......after I ....well......you know.

-
Back