I think I have wrong rear seat - help

-

Lil Demon

Reaction score
In the final stages of my 71 Demon build and I had all my new interior in minus the rear seat assembly. I sent them to get reupholstered and when I attempted to reinstall I noticed it doesnt quite fit correctly. The bottom cushion hooks don't line up and the lower rails push it upward. Can someone share a picture of your bottom cushion frame so I can know what it's supposed to look like. At this point I feel I can just modify this frame to work since I already had it reupholstered.

This is the rail I’m referring to. It raises the seat quite a bit and actually pushes the backrest upwards and out of the hook when pushed into position

A2D2C5E3-F537-4B80-A69E-29257BC9A77D.jpeg

Did the seat fit before you took the stuff to have the upholstery done. If so, I think you upholstery shop may have covered the wrong rear seat & gave it back to you. I would contact the shop & see if they have another customer whose back seat doesn't fit.

Did the seat fit before you took the stuff to have the upholstery done. If so, I think you upholstery shop may have covered the wrong rear seat & gave it back to you. I would contact the shop & see if they have another customer whose back seat doesn't fit.
No, I thought I had mentioned that in my post. Interior was done and new except for the old nasty seat so I didn't want to put it in but knew it was the seat that was in the car when I bought it. I got the same seat back I just never checked it prior. I found some pictures in the forum classifieds I'm just gong to fabricate some bottom reinforcements and replace the tall ones this seat has. It should work, I hope haha

Get some better pictures of the seat from more of a distance . Both sides. Close ups don't show anything that can be made out by someone who didn't take the picture. Get some distant angle shots both underside and top side. I have several demon seats, backs and bottoms, fronts and rears, buckets and bench. I can tell you what the problem is but better pictures would help. Steve

-
Back