I think I took the Duster for the last ride this year.

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
Well guys. I think it happened. Took the Duster out for a ride
this morning. About a 20 mile ride. The fall colors were great.
Unless it stays nice. I think that will be it for this year.
Going to get some Stabil and get it ready of a long winter nap.
I HATE WINTER!!!

i hope to have the valiant running this comming weekend, or the next, ill give you video of me doing a burnout and you'll have no choice but to keep driving it.

I feel you pain, our winters are mild but my cars in the garage as I can't lisence it right now due to it not passing our local polution screening, and can't spend the$$to detune it to get a pass!! It'll probably be parked till next spring or summer. I think sometimes its like going through withdrawl not being able to drive it.:angry7:
Hope winter passes by quickly and mildly for ya!!

Not to rub salt in your wounds (oh who am I kidding) We'll still be having shows till December. And they'll start back up in March or April (outdoor shows that is)

Hey macadoo1961 where in BC are you ? you know we don't have to go through that crap on the island ? A little creative mail forwarding from a postal box might fix that problem for good eh!

Hell with that, drive it even when it snows!!!

100_0772.jpg

100_0764.jpg

This one was my daily driver since 2001. I drove it in the snow and ice with no chains all the time, you just have to take it easy. The way I see it is they were daily drivers when they first came out so why not now?

DSC03709.jpg

Hey macadoo1961 where in BC are you ? you know we don't have to go through that crap on the island ? A little creative mail forwarding from a postal box might fix that problem for good eh!

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but I know people who have done this, lowermainlanders sometimes register out of Hope BC if they can, its the closest place to us that is Air Scare free. Only problem if you have an accident ICBC can void your insurance, making it a risky loop hole. Its all bullshit we have to put classic and muscle cars through it, most of these cars are only out on nice days and are not daily drivers! Aircare is a joke, just a way for the govt and the private company running it to make a buck, cars can fail badly at one testing station then pass at another one on the same day, not to mention I can detune my car to the point it barely runs but passes the hydrocarbon test then take it back to the mech I got to detune it to get it set back up to run properly, then continue to pump out hydrocarbons all I want. Aircare testing doesn't like big cam shafts:angry7:

What is this 'snow' stuff that we are talking about?? Same for 'Smog Inspections' Nothing like that here.

Well, if you have road salt it's definitely not a good idea to drive in the snow. Here in Colorado it snows for a long time (November-early April) but luckily we don't have road salt, so I can go out and have a good ol' wheel-spinnin' time with my '70 Duster when it gets cold.

We are lucky to get one or two snows a year, and most of the time we just
get rain, but we did get a blast of snow last year.

cook and fish 042.jpg

cook and fish 214.jpg

-
Back