I Want One...

-
It's been a while and I do not remember the last FARGO rolling off the line but I do believe you are right. I think the last year for the Fargo was 1972 and I was told that the Fargo's were built for CANADA and sold by Canadian Plymouth dealers. At Warren truck the only Plymouth trucks that we built were the Plymouth Trail Dusters, all the regular pickup trucks were Dodges or Fargo's if they were imports. Dodge trucks were also built in St. Louis Missouri, and there were two plants that built Dodge pickup trucks in Mexico, not sure if they carried the FARGO badge or not I never got to visit those plants. I do not remember there being a truck plant up in Canada but I did visit a full size van plant there. Back in the 70's I do recall some trucks that had the Fargo name on the hood and tail gate and some had either Adventure or Adventure SE badging. If I remember correctly the Adventure SE came with wood grain exterior molding's and a little fancier interior's where as the Adventure had the silver exterior molding's and a plain dash and less padded plain bench seat. Over the years we built a bunch of different models like the Warlocks, the Little red express's, the Midnight Express's and the Palomino's to name a few. For me it was a great place to work, if it was not I never would have spent 35 years of my life there. I remember when I was younger and would work non production weekends we would grab a few Little red express trucks (they all had 360 4bbl's in them) and go out in the back 40 and race each other on break time. I retired from Warren Truck in 2007 and I have only gone back once to visit, that was when Uli and his wife came from Germany and spent the weekend with me, we toured the plant from start to finish and they were fascinated but the place is nothing like I remember when I left in 2007.

It's been a while and I do not remember the last FARGO rolling off the line but I do believe you are right. I think the last year for the Fargo was 1972 and I was told that the Fargo's were built for CANADA and sold by Canadian Plymouth dealers. At Warren truck the only Plymouth trucks that we built were the Plymouth Trail Dusters, all the regular pickup trucks were Dodges or Fargo's if they were imports. Dodge trucks were also built in St. Louis Missouri, and there were two plants that built Dodge pickup trucks in Mexico, not sure if they carried the FARGO badge or not I never got to visit those plants. I do not remember there being a truck plant up in Canada but I did visit a full size van plant there. Back in the 70's I do recall some trucks that had the Fargo name on the hood and tail gate and some had either Adventure or Adventure SE badging. If I remember correctly the Adventure SE came with wood grain exterior molding's and a little fancier interior's where as the Adventure had the silver exterior molding's and a plain dash and less padded plain bench seat. Over the years we built a bunch of different models like the Warlocks, the Little red express's, the Midnight Express's and the Palomino's to name a few. For me it was a great place to work, if it was not I never would have spent 35 years of my life there. I remember when I was younger and would work non production weekends we would grab a few Little red express trucks (they all had 360 4bbl's in them) and go out in the back 40 and race each other on break time. I retired from Warren Truck in 2007 and I have only gone back once to visit, that was when Uli and his wife came from Germany and spent the weekend with me, we toured the plant from start to finish and they were fascinated but the place is nothing like I remember when I left in 2007.
A friend of mine that was born and raised up in Michigan and his whole family worked for ChryCo....and told me stories like racing out in the back 40 too. I kinda figured he was joking about that but guess not lol

Cranky we used to do it all the time, it is no joke.
Bob
I don't say too much about some of the things we did at the steel mill and then later on at a big refinery because I'm sure no one would believe it! lol

-
Back