I want to keep my Dana 60

-

russhal

Reaction score
I'm posting this and then I have to go out to a family thing. I'll check back in later tonight. I'm swapping from 1 project to another and carrying all my good parts including a dana 60 I narrowed to 47"s. The problem is I don't want to mini tub the new car so the rearend is too short. Has anyone run wheel spacers? I was going to run offset spring hangers so I could fit 8" wheels under the back. 2 1/2" spacers would put me back almost factory width. I'm a little leery of spacers. Any thoughts? I'll check back later tonight. Thanks, Russ

I never have liked wheel spacers. I know there are some that have come a long way from what people used 30 years ago, but I still don't like them.

Axle tubes can be lengthened just as easily as they can be shortened. Just something to think about.

you can always find a wheel with the correct off set you need or have one made custom,,,

Thanks for the input. I think I'll just sell mine and build another. Mild stroker small block will do fine with an 8 3/4.

I'd find it tough to give up the Dana also Russ...It's just a signature of Mopar performance. But that amount of spacer is just way out of wack. The studs would have to be made from all thread...lol. Wheel offset can work on some applications, but that housing is just too short to make it practical in your situation.

Good luck with whatever solution you decide. :thumbrig:

If you have nice billet adaptors made I see no problem with them. They should bolt to your studs and have a centering ring. Wheels would bolt to the studs on the spacer.

if your gonna go with custom made spacers lenny at adaptec did us a fine set

The car is a crème puff! Root beer with a white vinyl top. 71782 documented original miles. The guy had the window sticker and best of all it's rust free. I've mini tubed a few a bodies but this one is so nice. My motor is fresh and broke in on a run stand. I have a pin mount small block k member already built and detailed with all new brakes and hardware. Dana 60 is the same and I have weld pro stars with rubber already installed. I have to build my 727 but I have the parts. I think I'm going to cut the car.

-
Back