I wish it was closer craigslist finds

-
00101_3Xrl8tkL8gx_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

1971 Dodge Dart Demon Sizzler - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...
$6995

I wish I needed a project!!!

I might have to go look at that one.
Ad used to say "no title...but easy to get" or something like that famous red fleg.
Now it doesn't say that.
I wonder if they actually got the title or just wanted to defer that part of the conversation.
It's 2 barrel car, but it's a big block car.

Fired off inquiry this morning.

I need another hole in the head.

er, uh project.

Still no title on that 383 two barrel Charger in FL.

The seller says "the price will go way up if I have to get a title", but claims to have "all the paperwork".
Not sure why he doesn't just do it then.

Kinda the same old story.

I did find out though while doing some homework on the subject, that FL as of 2022 just got more stringent on "no title" cars.

Now they require a "no perjury" clause on a bill of sale for a car brought from out of state.

...and if that price goes "way up" the interest will surely go "way down".

...and then he tried to "hard sell" me on how rust free it was and how rare it was and how it was a 383 car and how it was "the best one" I could likely find.

I almost replied that I'd give his asking price if he got the title, but that would put me on the hook for a potential can of worms.

IMO if the headlights and instrument lights work (and I bet neither does), and all the removed parts are there and don't need expensive rework (and I bet they aren't) it's a 10K car with a good title, and that's really a kind of high estimate.

BTW this is the third ad in several months at that same price.

...and then he tried to "hard sell" me on how rust free it was and how rare it was and how it was a 383 car and how it was "the best one" I could likely find.

I almost replied that I'd give his asking price if he got the title, but that would put me on the hook for a potential can of worms.

IMO if the headlights and instrument lights work (and I bet neither does), and all the removed parts are there and don't need expensive rework (and I bet they aren't) it's a 10K car with a good title, and that's really a kind of high estimate.

BTW this is the third ad in several months at that same price.
Yup, 3rd one and I think they should be more like 10 to 12 grand if how they represent them is accurate. But no title is always a red flag to me.

Thought I had seen a few in the last few days. Turned out to be this one in numerous CL markets

-
Back