Id these Bucket Seats

-

VScamp

Reaction score
I am looking at possibly purchasing a set of buckets with tracks, the seller says they are for 70-76 a body. I know there are different styles in that time period and these could even be E body seats for all I know. So I am turning to the pros, he sent me these pictures.

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Please help me ID what these are out of so I can make sure the tracks will work with my 71 Scamp and so I get the correct covers.

Thanks,
Dan

'73 Duster, Duster 340, Dart Sport 340

Nope they are mid to late 70s B Body's
73 up A body Buckets didn't have hard backs they were vinyl and had the hinge covers in my pic. If you look at the pic the Poster ut up it has different hinge covers too. Also they were not as wide and had much less foam on the tops
A body Seats look like this....

Attachments

• IMG_6173.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 260
Nope they are mid to late 70s B Body's
73 up A body Buckets didn't have hard backs they were vinyl and had the hinge covers in my pic. If you look at the pic the Poster ut up it has different hinge covers too. Also they were not as wide and had much less foam on the tops
A body Seats look like this....

Your right.

post 1 and post 3 are not the same seat

look at the hinge cover and the pattern where the "wings" stop but the head restraint keeps going up

I have looked at pictures of every bucket I can find and can always find a difference from these. Maybe I am paying to much attention to the details. One thing I haven't seen on another seat is the horizontal stitch line just below the head rest portion. Here is the one other pic he sent me.

image-3.jpg

F body maybe.

I saw a Volare recently that had nice white buckets I could have sworn were the same as A body....

...and that would explain the more "modern" looking hinge cover.

If they're nice, cheap, and similar, I'd be tempted to get them anyway.

They look a little like the seats from a 71 Challenger. 71 Challengers had the vertical stitching like these, but I can't remember all of the details, since it's been a few years.

I will see if I can get him to send some pictures of the tracks. I appreciate all the input. I don't want to buy them and not be able to source replacement covers.

Man you people are blind as bats and ignorant if you say they are 73 up a body.
NO A BODY SEAT FROM 73 to 76 EVER HAD HARD BACK COVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think 74dartswinger360's right they look just like the cordoba seats in my duster all but stich pattern but they've most likely been recovered at some point.
i bolted a body tracks right up to a set of 77 cordoba buckets and they went in and sit perfect.

Late 71, 72 seat backs. Not sure about the seat covers but they are not 71 72 A body covers looks like maybe 73,4,5 covers

-
Back