ID this bucket seat

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anybody here ID the bucket seat in this photo. It is my understanding it is for a 72 Dart/Demon with the Deluxe Interior trim??

1970 to 73 Challenger/Charger /Barracuda Looks like to me

the back is 72 duster demon.
bottom looks like like e body.

I am positive these are 72 Demon seats. The link posted shows the early style release button that was used in 70 and early 71......

Interesting :scratch:

Is there a metal tag under the seat bottom w/ a bunch of #'s?

The page on HH shows the bottom pleats going clear to the edge like the backs. Your seat bottoms have a border.

???

I see what you mean now about the border pattern Barry, I didn't notice that before. I was focusing on the seat release buttons which still have me puzzled from your link. Aren't the "long" buttons with the pot metal sides for 70 and early 71?

Thx for chiming back in, and coincidentally, I was on your site today looking for a couple things.........:read2:. You are a wealth of info and I appreciate it!!

I see what you mean now about the border pattern Barry, I didn't notice that before. I was focusing on the seat release buttons which still have me puzzled from your link. Aren't the "long" buttons with the pot metal sides for 70 and early 71?

Thx for chiming back in, and coincidentally, I was on your site today looking for a couple things.........:read2:. You are a wealth of info and I appreciate it!!

I agree with you about the seat bottom pattern, but am still questioning the accuracy of the seat release buttons. Not trying to do anything other than learn...........?

Thanks for the compliment, I have worn glasses since the 4th grade so I make a fair librarian. ;-)

The books these pages are in were released early in their respective model years & were subject to edits at times. They may have used the new patterns on existing frames to get the artwork for the book done?

they don't look matched, backs are late 71 72 duster in what looks like cologne or coachman grain and the bottom looks to be 71 charger in a El paso or shallow elk grain. Just my 2 cents....

Barry, I see what you are talking about, however, the Charger pictures you are showing have pleats which are half as wide as the ones on my seats? They are narrower?? I also notice in some of those historical photos, the seat covers on a lot of those cars seem to be artistic renderings rather than actual photos and seen to be no exactly what they actually built with regard to border sizes and widths of the pleats?? I do know that the pleats on the seat backs are exactly the same width as the pleats on the seat bottoms that I have. I do know that on most all the B and E body artists renderings, the seat pleats seem narrower and more importantly the stop about 4 inches before they reach the seat back?? Take a close look on the Legendary site and again at the Historical pictures. While these seat bottoms do seem slightly different, I cannot find this pattern anywhere else??? It could be that the foam bums kind of laid down from years of service and they just appear the way they do. Regarding the ribs, I just looked at photos of a 71 charger seats and the seat has 17 ribs on the seat bottom. These seats only have 13???? Much wider???

I only looked until I found a close match. You can go through the whole library at HH if you have time? Look in the trim books, interior types are also shown in the fleet order books & occasionally the data books.

I only looked until I found a close match. You can go through the whole library at HH if you have time? Look in the trim books, interior types are also shown in the fleet order books & occasionally the data books.
Hi Barry,
I spoke with legendary and sent him photos, which he also confirmed that the seat looks odd. It is his thought that somebody maybe had a local seat shop make a cover for just the seat and just tried to replicate the top. But he also did say that as far as he could tell, the correct covers will just fit right on these seats no problem and he also said if it was an abody back and an ebody or bbody bottom frame, they probably would not bolt together as they do? Does that make sense

-
Back