id this color ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I thought it was Y9 Tawney Gold Poly but it looks a liitle to green. Maybe J4 April green or Y8 gold leaf Poly ?

99153569-L.gif

IMG_2835.gif

IMG_2836.gif

99153569-L.gif

IMG_2835.gif

IMG_2836.gif

it has gotta be Y9 Tawney Gold Poly. i have seen this color many times take on a green tint. i think it has to do with the cloud cover. pretty color in person...

Whats throwing me off is this car is Y9 also. Looks doodoo brown in these pictures. Maybe if it were clean or wearing a nice new base/clear it would look better.

DSCF0032.gif

DSCF0032.gif

i think you are right. new paint verses old paint. clear coat verses none. i still see the same color though.

Rallye green is very bright, like the rallye green that came on Camaros in 69 isnt it ?

I can't say for sure what the color is but one thing i know is that's one HELL of a nice Scamp!!!
exct0002.gif

Wish mine was that nice.

exct0002.gif

Kev, Im in love with it too.

Now question 2. What color is the vinyl roof and was it available from the factory ?

adam everything i can dig up shows a "green" roof color being available. it dosen't spec the actual color name or if it even had one. my guess here is that this is not a factory color top. i think it was dyed to match the car....i will keep digging though. i might find otherwise.

That's excellent, A Scamp with wrinkle walls, now that takes balls. Heh, I'll be go to hell that rymes. I love that car. :headbang:

Adam, That color is Tahitian Gold (spelling?). My father had a 73 Duster with that exact color.

Eric_S68 said:
Adam, That color is Tahitian Gold (spelling?). My father had a 73 Duster with that exact color.

I think Tahitian Gold and Tawney Gold are the same.

That's the same color my '71 Dart is. It's a cross between brown and gold.
I haven't a clue what the code is for it though.
Would the fender tag give you the info you need?

Its on the fender tag. It will read Y9. The second car I posted has Y9 on the tag.

-
Back