Idea...Anyone interested in 8 3/4 swap for big bolt pattern disc setup and 8.25?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backtobasics

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I am going to throw this out there, to see if any one might be interested.

I am offering:
  1. A body 8 3/4 rear differential. Housing was recently scrubbed and painted, results can be seen here -->http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=30195 I have backing plates, axles and housing, no ebrake cables, or brake hardware.
  2. 8 3/4 center section, open with 3.55 ratio if I remember correctly. Center is 742 and is dirty, and could use a good cleaning. I will confirm housing and ratio for interested parties.
  3. A body, SMALL BOLT PATTERN axles, that appear worthy, but are dirty and a little crusty, so I am listing this as needing bearings replaced, before they would be roadworthy.
What I would like in trade:
  1. --Critical parts for a big bolt pattern disc brake swap, namely spindles, control arms, caliper brackets. I will buy hoses, calipers, pads, and rotors myself.
  2. --8.25 A body big bolt pattern rear end, that is complete and roadworthy. I would prefer a 3.00 ratio or better, SURE GRIP would be awesome, but open to discussion.

Let me know your thoughts. 8 3/4 is overkill for my intentions with this car. The 8.25 would hold just fine. I do want to drive consistantly, so the disc brakes are critical. So why not let someone upgrade to 8 3/4 that they need in exchange for the 8 1/4 and the disc brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back