Ideas for 13" covers on larger wheels?

-

66GTvert

Reaction score
Background: my Dart wears a nice set of 14" LBP rallys and 205/70s all around. I drive it like a granny when it's not put away for winter, and this setup works very well. But...I have a serious thing for the stock look on these cars, particularly these 13" wheel covers and white stripes (pic stolen from fellow '66 owner and Ohioan "Flashback"):
attachment.php

As much as I dig this, there's a bunch of reasons why I don't actually want to run 13" wheels on this car, such as going back to SBP, current and future availability of tires, etc. I've been searching for a way to make this work with 14"s, but nothing has panned out so far. The closest I've found was this guy, who cut up some 14" rims and welded them to 15"s to fit his 14" covers. I asked one custom wheel builder about doing something similar, and apparently the 13" rims/hoops/whatever you call them are too different from everything else for it to be practical. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this being done successfully?

Lemmi see if i can find the pics of waggin II It has 15 inch centerlines and the 13" wheelcovers fit them nicely for that sleeper look, a standard 13" wheelcover snaps right into the centerline wheel,and the dog dish cap is screwed to it from the backside first painting the full wheelcover then adding the dawg dish gave it just the right disguise.although this may not work for you it may inspire an idea for ya :cheers:

Attachments

• EX001482.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 142
  • sleeper cap.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 127
  • sleepercap.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 124
  • sleeper.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 144
That's really cool waggin, thank you! Two questions:

- which model Centerline 15"s are under there? Looking around, they make a lot of different styles/shapes.

- once they're on, how do you get the painted covers off? Is there room to pry them from the front like normal, or do you have to stick something through the vents in the rim and push from the back?

lemmie find a pic of just the wheel to me they is just Lines...nuthin fancy about em, yes they just pry off like a regular wheel cover,they are cosmetically challenged (nice way of sayin they is ugggggleeee) so i didnt mind the scrapes from the wheelcovers
That's really cool waggin, thank you! Two questions:

- which model Centerline 15"s are under there? Looking around, they make a lot of different styles/shapes.

- once they're on, how do you get the painted covers off? Is there room to pry them from the front like normal, or do you have to stick something through the vents in the rim and push from the back?

Attachments

• EX001467.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 154
  • EX001478.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 131
What a deceptively simple idea, I have to remember this......

-
Back