idea's for a-bodies

-

ef8340

Reaction score
i was thinking of ideas and figured maybe one of you guys out there might be able to use one or if someone else has an idea they could post it here
heres mine is it possible to turn a 67-69 valiant into a convertable not just wack the top off but actullay make a convertable

anyone else have any other ideas?

Anything is possible with enough money and time. That being said I've seen drawings for a Duster in convert, and a Duster made into something like an El Camino and Ranchero (I thought it looked like crap so to each their own).

It has been done MANY times in Australia with our version of the same car you mention.
The end result varies from shockers to not too bad.

Here's one that belongs to a female friend of mine.

9kqr6g.jpg

Is it just me or does it seem like the car grew 5 feet with the top cut off. Nice car though.

I've seen drawings for a Duster made into something like an El Camino and Ranchero (I thought it looked like crap so to each their own).

The girl I mentioned above is named Melissa.Below is one of the cars owned by Melissa's husband,Shane.
They were a standard offering in Australia and we refer to them as a "ute" which is short for "utility vehicle"

2cmtdnr.jpg

It has been done MANY times in Australia with our version of the same car you mention.
The end result varies from shockers to not too bad.

Here's one that belongs to a female friend of mine.

9kqr6g.jpg
The white vehicle in the background (on the street, above the PT). It looks to have a truck bed on it, but from the looks of it the ground clearance don't say truck at all. Is that a Holden Ute?

The girl I mentioned above is named Melissa.Below is one of the cars owned by Melissa's husband,Shane.
They were a standard offering in Australia and we refer to them as a "ute" which is short for "utility vehicle"

2cmtdnr.jpg
See this one looks fine, but the drawing I seen was just garbage. I think the person who drew it was high at the time or something I don't know.

nice lookin valiant they look very similar to our 67-69 darts

They are the same except the engine bay grew 2" in length from 1969 to accomodate the (then) new inline hemi six.A longer engine than the slant.

The hemi6 didn't appear till 1970 but by the 1969 model they obviously knew it was coming!!!

The white vehicle in the background (on the street, above the PT). It looks to have a truck bed on it, but from the looks of it the ground clearance don't say truck at all. Is that a Holden Ute?

Geez mate,your eyes are better than mine but I think your right.:cheers:
Looks to be a WB holden ute which would be abt 1982-84 model.

Geez mate,your eyes are better than mine but I think your right.:cheers:
Looks to be a WB holden ute which would be abt 1982-84 model.

To tell the truth when I first saw the picture I thought to myself "why would someone put a toy like that on a PT Convertible. Then it dawned on me that "toy" is to big to be a toy, thats a real vehicle!"

Haha...want to hear something funny?
Bearing in mind these pics are nearly 3 years old.
That "holden" ute just didn't quite look right so I went searching through the other pics I took that day and I found it again!!!
It's actually a late model falcon (ford) ute!!!

1h71o8.jpg

For some time now I've thought it would be cool to put a 69 cuda grill on a dart sport. They already have the same hood so why not. It would look like a cross between a cuda and a duster/dart sport.

I always thought our American '67-'69 Valiants would look good in a convertible or a hard top. The thing that would make this hard though is trying to recreate the unique rear window and c-pillar with a soft top.

-
Back