Identify 66 Valiant Barracuda splash shields

-

jamesfillmore

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these are for 66 Valiant / Barracuda only. The triangular shaped pieces got on top of the frt bumper brackets and the smaller pieces on the frame rail somewhere. Odd thing about the smaller pieces are that each clip is on opposite sides like it wrapped over something. Anyone have a picture of where these go?

Also, I'm doing a complete set of 66 Dart splash shield for a member here and his Dart has similar but different frt bumper bracket shields. So I'm assuming 66 Dodge and 66 Plym A bodies frt bumper bracket splash shields are different.

Also on his 66 Dart he has small 3" x 8" splash shield directly below and in frt of his headlight. Do 66 Barracudas have these? Can someone confirm with a picture?

Also do 66 Darts have the small rectangular frame rail splash shields like these small 66 Barracuda ones in the picture? Agin if someone hhas a 66 Dart (or 63-65 Dart), can you confirm with a picture so I can see where they go.

Thanks!

Jim Fillmore

Attachments

• 66_A_PLYM_SPLASH.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 141
I'm pretty sure these are for 66 Valiant / Barracuda only. The triangular shaped pieces got on top of the frt bumper brackets and the smaller pieces on the frame rail somewhere. Odd thing about the smaller pieces are that each clip is on opposite sides like it wrapped over something. Anyone have a picture of where these go?

Also, I'm doing a complete set of 66 Dart splash shield for a member here and his Dart has similar but different frt bumper bracket shields. So I'm assuming 66 Dodge and 66 Plym A bodies frt bumper bracket splash shields are different.

Also on his 66 Dart he has small 3" x 8" splash shield directly below and in frt of his headlight. Do 66 Barracudas have these? Can someone confirm with a picture?

Also do 66 Darts have the small rectangular frame rail splash shields like these small 66 Barracuda ones in the picture? Agin if someone hhas a 66 Dart (or 63-65 Dart), can you confirm with a picture so I can see where they go.

Thanks!

Jim Fillmore

Jim
I have 2 66 dart convertibles and 1 more door 66 . the one convertible does have rubber splash shields. BUT I looked into the holes that it was mounted to and saw threads. sooooo I looked at the more door (metal spalsh shield) and of course my 66 has metal also. I think someone just added the rubber splash shields to the one convertible. I visited another user on here (Waggin) and we looked at his cars. yup they were metal. so my rubber piece that is on the wife's car was an add on and wrong.
oh and do you need the rubber shields that go over the bumper brackets?
or will just dimmensions and pictrures of the holes next to a ruler do ok?
View attachment DSCF3621.JPG
you can see one of the metal shields in the yellow square
View attachment !!!metal splash shield.jpg

Thanks Kurt!

So absolutely NO rubber pieces hanging on the frame rails on 66 Darts.

I'm certain someone sent me those above from a 66 Barracuda or Valiant (I'm better at labeling things now) and if you look close there is a hole like for a brake line and like I said the clips on both sides make it appear to have straddled a frame rail seam or something.

I'd appreciate any 63-65 Dart, 63-65 Barracuda/Valiant and 66 Valiant confirmations of splash shields. Just interested in anything hanging on the frame rails and on the frt of the car by the frt bumper brackets, splash pan or headlights. I have a firm handle on all the ones behind the headlights and on the splash plate in frt of the door hinges.

Thanks in advance!

Jim Fillmore

Thanks Kurt!

So absolutely NO rubber pieces hanging on the frame rails on 66 Darts.

I'm certain someone sent me those above from a 66 Barracuda or Valiant (I'm better at labeling things now) and if you look close there is a hole like for a brake line and like I said the clips on both sides make it appear to have straddled a frame rail seam or something.

I'd appreciate any 63-65 Dart, 63-65 Barracuda/Valiant and 66 Valiant confirmations of splash shields. Just interested in anything hanging on the frame rails and on the frt of the car by the frt bumper brackets, splash pan or headlights. I have a firm handle on all the ones behind the headlights and on the splash plate in frt of the door hinges.

Thanks in advance!

Jim Fillmore

Gotcha . I'm going over to the early A body "Waggins" house and I'll drag my camera along to take some pic's of the (63 or 4) convertible he's working on. It DOES NOT have those splash shields or air dam in front of the headlights and radiator like mine. It has a nice valance that stops most of the trash going that way unlike my 66.

-
Back