Identify these sail panels

-

DJC

Reaction score
I tried to order sail panels for my 72 Scamp from Classic Industries. They showed up wrong - incorrect shape. They just gave me a refund rather than pay for return shipping. So now I need to try and figure out what they do fit (hopefully Mopar at least) so I can sell them.
20180907_204600.jpg
20180907_204616.jpg
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

What application are you trying to put it on 2dr HT, 4dr, etc????

Classic shows 2 shapes
The one on right specifically calls out 2Dr. It also says uncovered yet the photo clearly shows its covered in something.
upload_2018-9-8_12-6-44.png

I googled photos and the shape you showed seems to keep coming up 1967-72 2dr HT per the google photo searches.

Contact REM Auto Inc. and ask them:

R.E.M. Automotive, INC.
20 Landings Drive
Annville, Pa 17003
Phone (717) 838-4242
Fax (717) 838-5091

upload_2018-9-8_11-53-46.png

By the way you can't always trust Classics' photos and descriptions.

Anyone ever see a 67 glove box liner that looks like this?

Me either, I called them and had them pull one from stock before I bought it to be sure it was correct. The sales guy said that the vender supplies the photos and the one he was holding in his hand did not look like the photo, but more like the 68-up a-body part they sell but with the correct hinge cutouts for the one year only 67.
upload_2018-9-8_12-1-58.png

What application are you trying to put it on 2dr HT, 4dr, etc????

It's a Scamp 2dr ht. My originals are like a rectangle you grab on two opposite corners and pull, 4 straight sides with 2 pointy corners (trapezoid? I can't remember the name of the shape) , no curved sides and no blunt ends like these. I just thought that someone might recognize the shape of these.

I saw a 76 scamp at the goodguys car show today 2dr ht and the sail panels were exactly as you just described. It will be intredting once someone recognizes what they sra from

Here's the shape of my originals
SailPanel.jpg

Neither edge has as much of a curve and both ends come to much more of a point. I took mine off just to be sure, and the new ones definitely don't cover enough. I'll have to wait til tomorrow and call REM when they are open.

That's exactly what the one I saw today looked like.

Do you need to replace yours because the fabric / covering is bad or is the board bad?

Seems like something you could do at home???

Last edited:
That's exactly what the one I saw today looked like.

Do you need tho replace yours because the fabric / covering is bad or is the board bad?

Seems like something you could do at home???
I did try that. But the adheisive has let go in the heat and now they're kinda messed up. And somewhat warped.

-
Back