Identify this color

-
If that pic is factory Rod, i'm guessing it's code XX-1 beige? I think I have a 66' Ditzler chip book somewhere, but I know it's buried in storage. Hopefully someone else has quick access to it.

As far as that color with a Red interior?.........No offense intended, but being charitable with my personal opinion...Yuck!

That's Mauve Poly, a '66-only color. I've only ever seen it with a black or white interior. Red would clash for sure. White looks very good!

That's Mauve Poly, a '66-only color. I've only ever seen it with a black or white interior. Red would clash for sure. White looks very good!

Hi David :wave:. My first thought was Mauve also. When I was a kid, a elderly couple in my neighborhood had a 66' Hemi Charger in that color. The pic just didn't look "shaded" as dark as I remember? You may very well be right though.

My last check-in for the night :smile:. Goodnight guys.

It doesn't look bad with a red interior

Not a Mopar but a very similar color

Every year the Shriners bought new corvettes and GM let them pick any color available in the GM line up. Well in 1962 they choose a Cadillac color with is very close to the mauve on the 66, but GM didn't have a white Corvette interior and the Shriners didn't want black for parades, so they picked red.

It was the last year that GM let the Shriners pick the car colors. I think they built 30 and I have seen on in person and yes I would drive it.

View attachment image.jpg

I have a Ditzler paint chart for 1967 Dodge, that has Mauve Poly as a paint color . The paint code is 66-1.

...nope..not at all.

However, it would give people something to talk about at a car show....

-
Back