Identify this part

-

Joseph72

Reaction score
It fell off a 72 Plymouth Scamp, local mopar dealer parts department and advance auto parts folks had no idea ,do you know what this part is ?

Attachments

• PICT1145.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 357
  • PICT1147.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 338
  • PICT1148.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 321
vent window lower slide rod??-- your door must have some rot in the bottom of it.
could be either side.

Lawrence

At first I thought that maybe it was a sway bar link to the lower control arm? But then I saw the third pic showing the slotted adjuster inside of the nut and something occurred to me ...

Are we sure that thing is original to the Scamp? Cause to me it looks a lot like a motorcycle front fork tube spring preload adjuster as shown in the pic below. Maybe it was road debris and lodge itself somewhere under the Scamp for a while before it fell out?

PreloadAdjusters.jpg

but then again maybe not as that thing is corroded steel and most motorcyle preload adjusters are made of aluminum.

Yes it is a vent window frame adjuster bolt. The whole bottom of the door must be rusted out.

Thanks Guys , driverside door has rusted thur at the the bottom , just put her up on jack stands today to address that problem. I just didn't recognize that part at all . good job Mopar guys !

Obviously it is something your car no longer needs or wants.

-
Back