71 dartswinger
Reaction score
What rear end is this?
Is that Posi trac in it

It is big whatever in the hell it is LMAO 3/4 ton rear 92 dodge
Should I buy it for narrowing etc or is it not a good idea

3n43m23o65V05Y65Q4a3qd593d66b54ef1d1d.jpg

3n03pb3l95V05Z65X3a3q3a35fec1fb2d15a4.jpg

That looks like a Dana 60 or 70. If the ring gear is 9 3/4" it's a 60, if it's 10.54", it's a 70.

It is a fully floating DANA 3/4 ton truck axle. There should be a "60" or "70" cast into the web near the cover flange in either the 4 or 8 o'clock positions.

It does not have a "Posi" unless it came from a GM truck. "Posi Trac" is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation. It does have a traction aiding differential however. In this case a Spicer/Dana "Powr-Lok". Mopar used the same differential in the Dana 60 and early 8 3/4 "Sure Grip" axles.

This is a great truck axle, but not worth adapting to a car (heavy). As for having it narrowed, you'd need new tubes, new outer flanges, custom shafts, brakes etc.. Probably won't cost much more than a custom axle.

IMO, not worth 400. I bought one similar for $200 off the site and that was a stretch for me as most everything outside the center section/tubes goes in the trash.

Plan on most likely buying a set of side gears to get the correct spline.

Some where in the mid to late 90s dana changed over to a crushcollar for pinion preload on the dana 60 these housings were not marked with a 60 on the housing, at leased the one I have in my car was not. If you take the bill of laden number off the tag on the back cover and go to the dana web sight and type the number in it will give you all the info on the rearend,year,gear ratio, suregrip or not, truck desigenation,3/4 or 1 ton daul or single wheel. The powerlock is worth 2 to3 hundred, the gears maybe 50.00, you can pick these rears up for free to as much as 150 if you look hard enough. I found mine with 4.10,suregrip,all new bearing and seals, and already narrowed to abody specs for $500.

I'm sorry I made a mistake it is not a bill of laden number, it is a bill of materials number.

-
Back