Identifying Headers

-

FlyingFalcon

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Recently on CL I found an ad for a bunch of headers. Real good price on them. I was wondering if it was possible to identify them just by looking at them. He did not list what that were for, and suggested I come out and look at them myself. It's a bit of a haul, so I was wondering if there was an easier way. Thanks y'all

It,s best to have him send the pictures to you and post them,then we can decode the parts as big block or small block and body style,or post the CL add,mrmopartech

Hey y'all. Recently on CL I found an ad for a bunch of headers. Real good price on them. I was wondering if it was possible to identify them just by looking at them. He did not list what that were for, and suggested I come out and look at them myself. It's a bit of a haul, so I was wondering if there was an easier way. Thanks y'all

Yes,
You should be able to distinguish them by looking at them, if you have some
knowledge on different engine makes.
Chevy {Small Block}
Chevy {Big Block > Round Port}
Chevy {Big Block > Rectangular Port}
Mopar {Small Block}
Mopar {Big Block}
Mopar {Hemi}
Ford {Small Block}
Ford {Cleveland}
Ford {390-428}
Pontiac {350-400-455}

These are the most common headers found. Get a Header Catalog, and bring it with
you when you check out the headers.

Or better yet, tell the owner to get a catalog, and have him try to match them up.

If you can get part numbers you may be able to find out what they are with a Google search

-
Back