Identity Crisis lands in the U.K.!!

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
New owner Bryan Gibson had no sooner unpacked the '64 AWB Dart out of the shipping container, then trailered it out to one of Englands premier vintage drag races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDIbPmpONEk

He reported it needed some "airing out" after the long overseas trip, the gas was a bit on the stale side, but a quick clearing of the cylinder lungs after a five mile drive, a touch of octane booster, and it was back to its old self, with a best of an easy 12.74 at 106. Not too bad after an Atlantic crossing!!
Good to see you driving it!!!! Thanks for the link to the video and pictures!
http://www.moparuk.co.uk/racegalleries/hrd2009/pages/_MG_0085.html

saw this at HRD (hot rod drags) at shakspeare county raceway last weekend, looked a nice car - shame its chuby powered

saw this at HRD (hot rod drags) at shakspeare county raceway last weekend, looked a nice car - shame its chuby powered
Why is it a "shame"? Its a hot rod! Run what you can. But fear not, oh yee of no Chevy faith. A true Chrysler fanatic, Bryan has big plans down the road for the car. :cheers:

Why is it a shame? C'mon man. It would have been just as easy to put a 360 mopar in there as a chevy, and it would have run better. I know, mine does.

Why is it a shame? C'mon man. It would have been just as easy to put a 360 mopar in there as a chevy, and it would have run better. I know, mine does.
At the time, I had no funds to build a 360, but there was a chevy ready to go. Next Chrysler product AWB will have a "proper" powerplant.=P~

It seems one of the UK magazines has already lined up the car for a feature over there, and another one over here, Traditional Rod and Kulture, will be running a feature that was shot earlier this year at DragFest. So, it appears the car will live a long, historical life. That to me is the cherry. I can only hope my next two build-ups, both under contruction, will take the altered wheelbase bar to the next rung, and be as much a success as IDENTITY CRISIS was for me and my small shop...

-
Back