idle hands.. stupid question

-

player1up

Reaction score
Ok I may have a little too much time on my hands.. but,

Has anyone tried adapting stock gauges from something else to an a-body?

Maybe just mopar stuff but anything. or if this is just crazy talk tell me.,

I was thinking the gauges like from 80's style dodge van..

Idle hands, yes. Stupid question, no. There is a member here that is modifying a 65? Polara dash for his A body. I would love to have a Charger Rallye cluster in my '66 Valiant (looked at one for years), and I may try that when I take care of go, stop, steer. As 340mopar says, the senders are the same electrically, so why not?

Idle Hands is the name of my tattoo shop, I got excited for a second.

To answer your question, why not? If you can make it work and look decent, I think it would be a great idea.

Good idea. The 68-9 Darts only have a oil idiot light. It would be great to be able to get an oil pressure gauge in the dash in the stock location, but what gauge would look like the rest of the stock gauges and also fit the stock location? I have been looking on eBay for pix, but its hard to tell whether or not they would actually fit. I really don't want to add an oil pressure gauge under the dash.

George

Great question. I was looking at the "certified" speedo from my cop car with the same thoughts...
C

I was just crusin the yards around here and saw the dual inset gauges and thought it might be worth a try..

dodgedash (Small).jpg

-
Back