-
Status
Not open for further replies.

high.rev.trev

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
See pic: WANTED 2 X IDLE MIXTURE SCREWS & MATCHING SPRINGS SUIT SMALL BBD (2BBL) EITHER EX SLANT 6 225 OR 273/318 JUNKED/PARTS CARB (NOT HOLLEY 2280 CARB) SEE PIC FRESHLY GONE( THIS IS RESULT OF BIG BURGLARY INSURANCE DIDN'T COVER - TIP: BE CAREFUL GUYS OF WHAT YOU DISCLOSE OR SELL LOCALLY, SOME P*#%KS SCREENSHOOT/STALK INTENDING LATER NOT TO PAY/UPLIFT).

ANY SMALL THROAT CARTER 2BBL BBD LIKE ON 2BBL EARLY SLANT /6 OR 313/318 WILL DO, JUST PLEASE NO RIDGES IN THE MIXTURE NEEDLE TAPER.
DLE ENVELOPE LETTERPOST AIRMAIL TO ME DOWN UNDER OR I HAVE AN OR ADDRESS STATESIDE BUT ADDS $12.50 TO MY POST COST..Paypal no problem.
WILL BRING AN AUST CAST BBD 2BBL BACK FROM DEAD IF U HAVE 2 GD USED ONES.
THANKS TREV.

rps20190226_204309.jpg

rps20190226_204612.jpg

rps20190226_205034.jpg

I have a parts carb bbd that was given to me by another FABO member. If they are any good they are yours for the price of shipping.

I'll look when i get home and see what condition the mixture screws are in. PM me your shipping info and ill get a price.

The Idle mixture screws I have measure:
4.78mm (0.188") OD (across the threaded section)
35.32mm (1.391") overall length

(for reference not exact values)
17.25mm (.679") total length of the threaded section (under head of screw to end of threads)
13.48mm (.531") needle section (from thread to tip)
4.59mm (.181) head thickness
3.51mm (0.014")OD at widest part of taper
0.085mm (.033") OD at narrowest part of taper

looks like 32 threads per inch

They appear to be brass (color in photo makes them look steel)

20190226_181817.jpg

Last edited:
The Idle mixture screws I have measure:
4.78mm (0.188") OD (across the threaded section)
35.32mm (1.391") overall length

(for reference not exact values)
17.25mm (.679") total length of the threaded section (under head of screw to end of threads)
13.48mm (.531") needle section (from thread to tip)
4.59mm (.181) head thickness
3.51mm (0.014")OD at widest part of taper
0.085mm (.033") OD at narrowest part of taper

looks like 32 threads per inch

They appear to be brass (color in photo makes them look steel)

View attachment 1715295482
Thanks very much Dana..thanks good of you. They look about right - if they're from 318 BBD they should be the ones. How's the taper on the top screw ? No ridge ? ( if its minor/cosmetic scale I could clean it up).
Mailing in a small envelope you get your bills in would be fine (needles wrapped in a bit of plastic) You could Post Direct to me in New Zealand but I,'be got a funny feeling USPS has done away with the couple $ leterpost stamp rate. If so I think I have a fellow in AR who could shotgun a ride in an outbound box. Let me check rate finder for you. I guess I PM you for Paypal, email Addy & address etc.
Again, thanks for taking the time.
Cheers Trev

They are from a 65-66 273 2bbl BBD. The ends look acceptable to me i would use them if I needed them. I'm happy to ship where ever you want. The head measures greater than 1/4 inch which is the max thickness here in the US for 1st class letters so my guess is that the minimum would be a bubble pack type envelope.

The only time i have seen differences in idle screws is between a Cleaner Air Package (CAP) carb and a non CAP carb for a particular year, year over year I can not say.

As best as I can tell the screw section is 3/16" x 32 perhaps you can check your carb to be sure.

PM me with instructions.

They are from a 65-66 273 2bbl BBD. The ends look acceptable to me i would use them if I needed them. I'm happy to ship where ever you want. The head measures greater than 1/4 inch which is the max thickness here in the US for 1st class letters so my guess is that the minimum would be a bubble pack type envelope.

The only time i have seen differences in idle screws is between a Cleaner Air Package (CAP) carb and a non CAP carb for a particular year, year over year I can not say.

As best as I can tell the screw section is 3/16" x 32 perhaps you can check your carb to be sure.

PM me with instructions.
Thanks - will do, ...bigger than 1/4" heads ? I been messing with too many Holley's lol. Heres a tip if you buy stamps to value of (Intl postage letter rate to NZ) IF you post the letter in a street box or hole in wall p.o, slot they don't check 'em , they slip through .
Only get tripped up if an officious cashier likes to play by rules.That works locally too.
Back shortly (I got 85¢ local & $2. & change up $4 depending on ounzes weight for Intl).
Thanks again. Trev.

Im seeing about $4.95 ( us) int letter up to 3/4" thick. Once i get your address ill get a firm price.

Im seeing about $4.95 ( us) int letter up to 3/4" thick. Once i get your address ill get a firm price.
Thanks Dana...You just enter 'New Zealand' in the Ratefinder destination box, its the same 1 price to anywhere iñ NZ, we don't use zip codes but if needed 6200 (local address zip as alt is AR 72404)
Cheers again.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back