idler arm to centerlink , torque to what ?

-

moparjon

Reaction score
just looked at the steering linkage on my 1972 dart 318 auto . noticed the idler arm was bad . replaced it with another one . but what do you torque the idler arm to centerlink nut to ? the factory service manual says idler arm nut 65 ft lb . but i believe that is the nut for the bolt that bolts the idler arm to the frame . i think 65 is probably too much for the centerlink nut . even the haynes manual only has one nut . again 65 . any thoughts ?

just looked at the steering linkage on my 1972 dart 318 auto . noticed the idler arm was bad . replaced it with another one . but what do you torque the idler arm to centerlink nut to ? the factory service manual says idler arm nut 65 ft lb . but i believe that is the nut for the bolt that bolts the idler arm to the frame . i think 65 is probably too much for the centerlink nut . even the haynes manual only has one nut . again 65 . any thoughts ?

Ive got 40 pounds in my book but its for a 63 and i guess its possible its changed, its a idea of where to start i guess.

Jake

1972 Dodge chassis service manual states idler arm in bracket at k member tighten nut on bolt to 65 foot pounds then install cotter pin. Idler arm nut at center link 40 foot pounds and install cotter pin.

1972 Dodge chassis service manual states idler arm in bracket at k member tighten nut on bolt to 65 foot pounds then install cotter pin. Idler arm nut at center link 40 foot pounds and install cotter pin.

thank you . that helps . i did not see it in my manual until you stated it , and i looked again . initially i only looked at the specifications section . i see it in the actual text now . oops . thank you !

-
Back