If I find a new boot how hard is it to install?

-

65cudalover

Reaction score
If I find a new B/T boot for my 65 cuda how hard is it to install? Or am I kidding myself and should I just take it to driveshaft shop and get it modernized to u joints? I have access to a decent shop and tools but this is out of my rehlm of experience...

I bought a new boot for my '65 cuda thinking I could replace it. I heard you could work the boot through the trunion housing without removing the pin. The pin is pressed in. I tried 3 times, I think it is impossible. I finally listened to the several people on this site that said the best way is to convert it, and took the driveshaft to a machine shop. I think if you are planning on keeping this car, you should pay for the conversion. You can try to press the pin out so the trunion cap comes off, but you will probably destroy the pin, then you will need a rebuild kit. They cost about $250 if you can find them. Good luck!

I sort of thought so, I already got a quote to convert it for about the same or less from a good driveshaft shop! thanks

-
Back