If it ain't one thing...

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
So the wife calls and says she has a flat tire. Good thing we have triple A so they change the tires and she comes home. SHe then tells me that she tried to start the Buick but it wouldn't start. Well last night I jump it and let it run for a bit. So today she goes to start it and nothing, ughhh. So I put it on the charger hopefully that will work.
Now to the van tire, fairly new tire with a nail in it, simple fix. So I plug it up and fill it with air. Just as I go to pick it up I feel air on the sidewall. Try a can of slime, no good still leaks, darn tire is shot. So Monday will be at the junk yard getting a tire and a battery YIppeee. Gotta love the weekend!

Hope it gets better 4 ya. I had to work on my DD yesterday, in a trop storm,( '01 Dak 4.7 5 spd) That trans (nv3500, also known as a getrag, when in a bowtie, is the Biggest POS I have Ever encountered) had to pull shifter tower and tap bolt holes out to a larger size, needs synchronizers, (Thanks PO) but ...also had to go to local Mopar Parts place for a o-ring for the power steering line (can't get at the reg places) Don't mean ta cry, just lettin ya know, you ain't the only one!

Why couldn't they stick to the tried and true, good old Antique technology, like an A-833, Oh wait, that would be something you could fix yourself. this POS has the gears Pressed Into a one piece case:angry5: (looked it up online, a 23 year USAF jet mech tried to rebuild one, and the guy had to chain it to the floor and use a cherry picker just to break it open, long story short, he bought a used one) I can not see a used one lasting for too long......Sorry to rant..:protest:

You're gettin a tire and battery from a junkyard?

You're gettin a tire and battery from a junkyard?

Yup, the places sell used tires and batteries. I moved the battery from my truck to the car since they were both side posts. My truck sits for 99% of the time since its used to plow and haul only, so it can go without a new battery.

-
Back