If it was not for bad luck I would have none at all!

-
I did not read everything but my old 99 Grand at 60K did the same thing no oil pressure.

It even shut the jeep off going down the interstate.

I put a "T" in it and a new sensor, with a mechaical gauge.
Defective sensor.

My dad ended up with the vehicle one time he called me, and said the oil gauge in the dash is reading 80 psi. I said what does the mechanical gauge say, he said 40.
I told hem to keep driving no problems.

I did not read everything but my old 99 Grand at 60K did the same thing no oil pressure.

It even shut the jeep off going down the interstate.

I put a "T" in it and a new sensor, with a mechaical gauge.
Defective sensor.

My dad ended up with the vehicle one time he called me, and said the oil gauge in the dash is reading 80 psi. I said what does the mechanical gauge say, he said 40.
I told hem to keep driving no problems.

last page I mentioned its now fixed and explained how. but thank you for chiming in anyhow!.

Great News! Glad Your ride's all fixed. Wish I'd kept my Mechanical oil pres. gauge too.

Yeah I still have it....its been sitting under a tarp for the last few months until I can afford to do anything with it.

almost had to sell it but we managed to scrape by and avoid having to do so.

I hope to maybe be able to put some time into it after the holidays when things are not so tight.....and I would like to have it primed by spring....(paint to if I am lucky lol) we will see.

good to hear you got the jeep figured out- now that you're probably happier:)thumbup:)I should mention that you have to find my thread about my resto and the picture thread I made here in this forum- your restoration thread inspired me to get 'er going after all:)

good to hear you got the jeep figured out- now that you're probably happier:)thumbup:)I should mention that you have to find my thread about my resto and the picture thread I made here in this forum- your restoration thread inspired me to get 'er going after all:)

Linky?????

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out, and that it was a minor problem after all. Had my wife bug me about the dummy oil light staying on for a few months on her PT. She was constantly concerned it was "out of oil". Oh yeah, $23 switch and 18" of socket extensions from under the car with my hand snaked through the front end, and voila! No more oil problems :)

Grant

My 92 olds reads too high, sure the spring in the sender is bad--needle is peg till engine heats up..been that way for 5 years now, too lazy and cheap to change it.

sometimes its cheapest to just not worry about stuff

i change the oil now on that olds only 2 times a year--darn thing keeps on running, lol

you can waste loads of money on cars doing unnecessary work, Michigan has no smog-safety inspections, black tape hides the service engine soon light really well...my daily driver will be heading to the junk yard likely by the time I'm done with it..i got the oldest daily driver car in my sub, ha ha.

it had a check gauge light that came on and a constant annoying beeping, and if you unhook the harness the jeep wpuld no longer run so it had to remain plugged in. and its better safe than sorry.....because if I let it how it was and it continued to say there was no oil pressure.....and for some odd reason the jeep had a problem down the road that resulted in no oil pressure and I didnt have the gauge to give me a heads up....then it would cost me ALOT more in the long run compared to just taking care of it now.

its done now anyways and hopefully I don't have to fix anything on it for awhile lol....it seems like once it hit 110,000 miles is when things here and there started to go wrong....almost as if it was preprogrammed in the computer so that the dealers could continue making money off of people lol.

And yes I did see your resto thread awhile back 95teetee and it looked like you were really moving and groving on it! ....Ill check into it again soon and look the whole thing over and see what progress you have made since. and I am honored to have been an inspiration to you aswell!.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved,sounds identical to what I went through with the Magnum, must be a Chrysler thing.

Bob

-
Back