If you buy through Amazon.com do not use this seller The OEM Shop

-

one bad 440

Reaction score
Just had a bad experience with buying through Amazon.com.

Bought a cell phone for my daughter in October as a Christmaas gift, when it came in I inspected it and all looked good, I bought a new phone and payed the price because I did not want a used one. On Christmas morning when she opened it she put the battery in, snapped the cover on and put it on charge... the phone wont power up. So now under close inspection I can see that the battery is creased, well shame on me for not catching that but I did buy a new phone and really was not expecting damage due to the packaging being mint when I recieved it... so I bought a new 'samsung' battery and installed it and the phone still wont power up, plugged in the charger and nothing. So I email the seller The OEM Shop and tell them my story and they say too bad you own it being it is beyond the 7 day return period... I thought 7 days wow seems a little crooked to me... and now with even closer inspection we find that the inside of the battery cover is stained and a little tweaked and the only reason that this could be like this is that they sold me a used junk phone and just took their chances that I would not be able to comply within their very convienent 7 day return policy... also consider that I was giving them the benefit of the doubt when I bought the new battery I had to order it and that took 4 days to come in. So I warn you all if you are going to buy anything from Amazon.com check the seller and if it is The OEM Shop stay away, do not buy from them. If we make sure not to use them and tell others too maybe we can force a crook out of business.

Just had a bad experience with buying through Amazon.com.

So I warn you all if you are going to buy anything from Amazon.com check the seller and if it is The OEM Shop stay away, do not buy from them. If we make sure not to use them and tell others too maybe we can force a crook out of business.

It was supposed to be new right? Did you pay with a credit card? If so file a complaint with your credit card company and see if they will help you.

I would email Amazon, they take this type of situation very seriously.

Amazon puts a return label right in the box but..... if you clicked on an advert on the Amazon site, you are probably not covered through them.

I bought a cell phone battery from a seller on ebay called "the OEM spot" not sure if its the same guy but I got a fairly good deal, mind you it was only $1.50 and didn't feel like much to loose in your case you have every right to be mad

I've found that if you buy from a place that has a high number of good reviews, you are more likely to get what you paid for on Amazon. I bought my xbox, cable exchange thingy, and a few movies from them. The only issue that I had was that the xbox didn't come with any cables which I was somewhat pissed about until he told me that he put it up for sale and hadn't looked at the sale page. I thought I was getting a full deal when all he put up for sale was the actual console. But because amazon only shows the basic page, ie just the xbox and no special things about it when I clicked on it, I didn't realize that there were no cables. After some annoyed emails back and forth we realized that amazon changed the product page without him knowing so I kept it, shopped around for some cables and a controller and got a $35 rebate for having to buy them. He even called me to make sure everything was all good.

tl;dr make sure the place you are buying from has high reviews and don't hesitate to talk to them immediately if something is out of place.

Contacted amazon thru their a to z gaurantee and they are taking action, if it comes to anything in the 2 weeks they need to settle it I wont know untill then but at least they are concerned.

Regardless, do not use The OEM Shop out of Brooklyn NY, they are a bunch of slimy, lying, theifs.

Appreciate the heads up, since I like to browse Amazon from time to time.

They've got some really good prices on stuff (that beats other prices, and most of the time, free shipping too)

I bought a set of Bendix Ceramic Brake Pads on Amazon last year for my '74 Duster... Cheaper than what it would have cost me for a cheap/economy brand of regular pads (with my commercial discount) at one of the auto parts stores. :glasses7:

And if my order was over $25, I got free shipping... So I browsed through their stereo stuff and added an EQ to the cart too :D Wanted/Needed an EQ anyway, so it was a win-win situation for me.

Well I contacted amazon thru their a to z gaurantee... yeah right, I guess they have that to make themselves feel good. Anyway they said too bad you own it... lesson learned for me I guess...

Do not purchase anything from The OEM Shop in Brooklyn NY they are a bunch of lying, theiving, crooks and do not deserve a penny of anyones business.

-
Back