If You had a 63-66 Wagon . . . . part 2

If you found a power window tailgate or all the parts to convert your manual crank window

• Yes, it would make it so easy to control it from the driver’s seat

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No way! Manual crank windows are good enough for me

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Would be nice to have but I can take or leave it either way

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, if you had a 63-66 wagon with the manual tailgate window and came across either a power window tailgate OR all the wiring, motor and outside controls, etc to convert your manual window to power would you do it or leave it nanual crank?

Like the title says, if you had a 63-66 wagon with the manual tailgate window and came across either a power window tailgate OR all the wiring, motor and outside controls, etc to convert your manual window to power would you do it or leave it nanual crank?

I would want the option to roll down the window while i'm driving to let in the exhaust. Who wants to stop and get out just so you can let that CO2 into the car? ;)

My 65 has a power window and It is real convenient . No commando 273 though .It's a 170 with a A833 4 speed and a 7 1/4 323 sure grip out back . I have the factory rear air deflectors too but they are off the car until I get around to making her nice . She's still in service as a work horse. This was her when I first got her in the mid 1990's She was free !

DSC01980a.JPG

Last edited:
To the OP. Now that I've seen one with the rakc and without its a toss up. It would depend on the theme I was going with.

I am going with the manual crank on mine.

My B body wagon has the power and it's a pain because when it's cold, it runs slow and occasionally goes out of track.

To me the manual is more convenient because its more simple and always the same..... and I don't keep a battery in the car while in storage, so I always have access to the car with the manual crank

Last edited:
Mine was originally a power window. At some point someone swapped the gate out for a manual window. I'd like to have the power window back, but its not a priority.

I drove the wagon to the grocery store a few weeks ago. As I was rolling the back window down to load the groceries into the car, I heard a little girl ask her mom what I was doing. I invited her over to show her how the window worked. She had never experienced manual windows of any type.

-
Back