ignition help please

-

rcottick

Reaction score
Talk about bummed out.....Today was the day to finally start my car after 3 years of work.

My problem is its not getting spark. I did the elctronic ignition conversion with a used distributor but everything else is new. I wired it EXACTLY as the diagram shows in the tech archive and I get nothing absolutely nothing. Could the control box be bad? Its the orange box brand new from Mancini's or could my distributor be bad?

I wired it with the light blue to the run side of the ballast and the black with yellow tracer to - side of coil and the start side of ballast to the + side of coil. Just as it shows in the diagram.

Somebody please help, I havent been so bummed out in my life.

Ron

is the ignition box new? they are known to go out without any warning at all. i had one on a pickup that would work for a while then go out then work again. wouldnt get any spark.. try another one.

Just re-confirm....did you test to ensure that your "run" and "start" wires were the correct ones with a voltmeter? Mine is a "brown"
Check out below.

Electrical 3.jpg

scan.jpg

Orange boxes are junk ,I have burnt up a few.Then I found out they are only good for 5500 rpm.Switch to the chrome box

-
Back