Ignition Wires to a switch

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Ok im hooking up switches on my dash. For the ignition wires comming from the key, what colors do i need to hook up to power to the engine? Its a 73 dodge dart sport.

heres what i have done..........still have a key,shout if you get stuck

cuda dash 24-06-10 002.jpg

cuda dash 24-06-10 004.jpg

hi there, firstly dig out your multimeter,if you not have buy one, they a must! i ran my switched live/+12v<ie that is 12v only when key is in and on> from the ignition switch to my pannel i made up, this connects to either connector on my green switch on pannel, then from remaining connector a wire to push start button, again either side then a wire from the other connector on push button to starter solonoid. hint, check and check wiring again including cable route and connector tightness,verify what is what with multimeter,any problems glad to help! sorry if my instructions sound remedial, i have no idea how you are with"playing with wires" as my wife calls it! that will get your car "turning over, now i dont know what running system you are using, ie orange box ballasts or msd..........i did have that on min e but removed, threw out inc ballasts and fitted msd, never looked back.

-
Back