Ignore button

-
Sometimes I will quote someone and tell them that I disagreed with what they said and explained why. Frequently, in fact almost always, we carry on a polite/pleasant conversation. Frequently it was a misunderstanding. Sometimes we just agree to disagree. But sometimes the crap being spewed is so vile/ridiculous, I just don't want to be subjected to it anymore.
In my opinion, THIS is the polite and decent way to justify a RED X. Thank you for that.

. Sometimes I will quote someone and tell them that I disagreed with what they said and explained why. Frequently, in fact almost always, we carry on a polite/pleasant conversation.
I often quote on a contested aspect, in that I seldom note a strong adherence to accuracy sometimes for those that like to throw stones first figuratively and seem to be too lazy to reread the statement to maintain context and accuracy.
The point Harrisomn makes here quoted in bold above, the explanation sought is sadly often "because I said so". This is NOT referring to member "harrisonm" in anyway.
A good giveaway a mature conversation is ahead is when one is asked a pertinent mature question and sincerely is seeking further insight into a comment made, rather than instant attack mode.
As much as I avoid the "ignore" option, I would never be in favor of it's removal.

Ignore works great. No more Dan Dumm Man post in threads about buying something like it. Or silly how can I do this or that on a car or 318 that does not exist.

I think I have 60+...
I don't suffer fools well....
It works for me because I tend to pop off too quickly and it gets me in trouble. Clicking ignore helps keep my stress level down. lol

Last edited:
It works for me because I tend to pop off too quickly and it gets me in trouble. Clicking ignore helps keep my stress level down. lol
That's the best reason I can understand for utilizing the ignore button. I've deleted a lot of smack before hitting the send button. Maybe not enough. lol

Moderating does not let you ignore, it is a downfall of the volunteer work. Now I use it regularly. Probably the only reason I'm not banned. I have a thin filter!

Moderating does not let you ignore, it is a downfall of the volunteer work. Now I use it regularly. Probably the only reason I'm not banned. I have a thin filter!
Thin filter. I like that.

I think I have 60+...
I don't suffer fools well....
Fair enough, but I have no hesitation letting them dig their own hole deeper, even when graciously first giving them a proverbial ladder to climb out.
In 24? years now on these car sites, I have "ignored" only one person for 2? hours ("feets" on moparts 10? years ago) to see what the posting results would look like, and discovered being quoted by others defeats the ignore option to a certain degree lol.
I have been verbally attacked, threatened, belittled, insulted, cussed, you name it thousands of times, and yet have never felt the need of using ignore.
I wouldn't say I can't be riled, but it hasn't happened yet, mainly because it says more about the attacker than me, meaning I consider the source.
I may be blessed with a thick skin, not sure, but it is what it is.

Funny, for me this thread asks "show ignored content".....my lack of compassion for assclowns says "don't do it!" :lol:

-
Back