I'm addicted to Hot Wheels!

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I think that I have a problem! Every time I see hot wheels I have to buy them. I now have hot wheels cars, trucks, carriers and even hot wheels valentines. They are cheap and easy to find which makes it better and also worse all at the same time!! Please tell me that I am not alone in this.

yes-- you are alone-- now go to your corner-- & do not play or touch your collection!!!

everyone has a soft spot for something--- I've taken up old fans --can't go anywhere without looking for one---- I've calmed my addiction by placing limits --or types of fans-- that has slowed the purchasing down quite a bit, Lawrence

I had 0 fans summer of 2013!!

Attachments

• fans 013.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 257
I have to admit I have the same problem! I have hot wheels and some johnny lighting's running out of my ear's! Mostly all mopars but if it's a cool muscle car I'll buy it! I have paid as much as $15 for one that was hard to find! LOL.

Well the first step to recovery is admitting to having the addiction and then getting help! LOL!! We all have those addictions or we wouldn't be here at FABO! Post pics of your hot wheels!!!

yes-- you are alone-- now go to your corner-- & do not play or touch your collection!!! everyone has a soft spot for something--- I've taken up old fans --can't go anywhere without looking for one---- I've calmed my addiction by placing limits --or types of fans-- that has slowed the purchasing down quite a bit, Lawrence I had 0 fans summer of 2013!!

Mine's just 40's and 50's anything.

I have a zero fan, and a westinghouse, but they are not normal colors anymore.

Oh and bakelite radios. Can't get enough of those. Got 10 sitting in my small apartment all over...

One word---------COUNSELING !!!

I still have the Hot Wheels that were left over from my childhood that my folks had held onto still in the Matchbox case and they are Hella beat to **** and look like demolition derby cars. HaHaHa!

I don't know about other brands but with MOPAR owners judging by some of the members here OCD seems to be a common trait and I'm not excluded. I can't seem to own just one of anything I like or whatever I'm into at the moment. My family says INTERVENTION and I reply with INVESTMENT and as long as your collecting something that appreciates in value I think your safe but if your into having the world's largest hairball or toenail collection then yeah you have a problem.

- I've taken up old fans --can't go anywhere without looking for one---- I've calmed my addiction by placing limits --or types of fans-- that has slowed the purchasing down quite a bit, Lawrence

I had 0 fans summer of 2013!!

You must be a member of a fan club :D

How many of us old guys had all the hot wheels.
Were are they now?
In the trash

How many of us old guys had all the hot wheels.
Were are they now?
In the trash

I know mine are. I remember running the wheels off of them :D Setting up all sorts of crazy jumps and stunts.

I have at least a couple hundred Hot Wheel cars and an electronic drag strip.
Also have approx a hundred Aurora Thunderjet slot cars from the sixties and
a layout in the basement.

Same here! It started when my son was five and now he is nine... Like most dads I bought him a few Hot Wheels. Then when we went to our local Mopar car show put on by HPAC in the KC area. Anyway they have Hot Wheels derby racing on a 50' track! The first year my son lost pretty badly with his Duster. Then we tested in the off season Lol! From then on he has been the one to beat! We collect the Mopar and muscle cars for the most part. After all the testing we kinda found what to look for in a fast Hot Wheels. So we of course buy based on that to! It has been a lot of fun and has really gotten him into the car hobby.

I still have some of the old ones, also the wheel box from the 60's.I think I have a 66/67 Charger treasure hunt ? car. At least that was I was told.
I kept my Aurora H.O. cars for 40 years before letting them go.

My daughter in law thought it was great that my grandson likes hot wheels. She said "they're only a dollar". Next thing you know, he has hundreds of them. (Guess who bought most of them) I have two apple boxes full here, too. Guess I am addicted also. Can't walk by a display without stopping.

Speaking of hot wheels, I use a USB thumb drive a lot at work so I thought I'd make a custom one:

10635923_10104132161047950_1483344282690517520_n.jpg

Well I guess I am in the club!!! Although to reign in my problem I have decided to only collect Hot Wheels of cars built in 1971! I have 71 Mustangs, Dusters , Chargers, AMX's, etc etc. I did find myself making an exception for some cars that are just too cool to not own. However the bulk of my collection is 1971 model year only.

Hot Wheels? There are worse things to be addicted to. LOL

you guys won't believe this,,,The wife just walked in from a garage sale with a cookie tin full of HotWheels ! She said it was for our granddaughter but I beg to differ......

I have at least a couple hundred newer ones I got just in the past 3 years hanging on strips on the basement walls. I have all the Mopars behind the bar, and all the other brands in another area. My excuse was/is that they're for my son, for when he's older, to pick one out for doing chores or whatever. We'll see. I tried for awhile to just buy Mopar and nothing else, but when I see a cool old Chevy or Ford, or even the occasional very cool older foreign car, I'll buy those too. It's a problem, because there's lots of cool ones. Then I have a couple hundred older ones from my childhood also.

But toy cars are one of the ways I learned what all the different cars were called and looked like when I was a kid, so this way, my son can learn and have an appreciation for the older cars that he probably wouldn't get exposed to much anymore otherwise.

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

My hot wheels are mine and only mine. My grandson can not understand why his grand father is buying toys to put in the garage.

I have a lot of cars, some track and other stuff. It ranges from the 60's to today.

Ray

-
Back