I'm back...or atleast I think

-

mikeyt2014

Reaction score
Quite some time ago I was on here because I had a frien of mine that was going to sell me his 69 Dodge Dart gt, all original which has been sitting in a garage untouched since 1989. Well after some time he backed out on the deal and I was devastated. All that research time, anticipation, and effort into prepping to get this car, not to mention the sheer joy of getting my hands on a car that wasn't hacked into, pieced together or a rust bucket to restore. Well, now the time has come, he contacted me and realized he did me wrong and decided he was going to sell it to me, no going back, no more welching. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and provided it is what he says it is-I hope so, so I don't have to be the one to say no. I look forward to being part of this Mopar community! I'm going to get pics and post them as I can and you guys can tell me what you think.

Welcome , and great news , that he will sell you the car . V8 or /6 ?. let us know. Be sure to post some pics.

I'm in Portsmouth, Virginia. The car is an all original la273 engine, floor console shift, a/c, powersteering, 8 3/4 differential. It is said to have only 1 hole in each lower quarter panel, I'll really find out when I get there, but he says the rest of the body is straight. The dash as he claims is immaculate-no rips, holes, tears..etc but we'll see. The interior needs to be replaced due to rips in the front buckets and "mold" in the rear seat. That's the only thing that really has me worried. I figure if the garage got damp than the moisture had no where to go, however given that mold condition is there anywhere I should look specifically for interior rust? I will post pics hopefully this weekend.

Mold may be in the carpet, you'll want to lift it up to examine the floor boards for rust.

Can't wait to see pictures! I hope it is as great as you think.

Today is a SAD day. I went to look at it and I wish this guy would've sold it to me 10 years ago when I started asking him. There was a somewhat large embellishment in descrpition of the car. I think it was more of his perception than the reality of what it actually is. The great part is the car is straight as an arrow and that's also part of the sad part too. To look down the sides of the car-not a waver. However the whole rear quarters need replacing along with trunk extensions. Not to mention the trunk lid, all the chrome, lights, etc. Along with the body seperating around the window moldings, drip rails of the trunk brittle and flaking rust all over :( I had to let him know this is a job for someone that has either the skill, time, and or money to shell out for a body shop to blast the car down to bare metal and do custom work to redo it. So the search continues.......

I begged someone to sell me his 340 pistol grip 'Cuda that was sitting out under the trees. Eleven years later he gave it to me. It was a disaster. I sold it to my neighbor seven years ago. He just finished it. Eighteen years ago it would hav ebeen easy.

Damn dude, that sucks ... c'mon out next Saturday, 3/29 .. It's our first TMC mopar show of the year. TCC in chesapeake

if you don't mind what was asking price in that condition?

Mold on seats is not too much trouble to deal with.

Just go to a boat store, like Bass Pro Shops etc and get some good mold cleaner. That will take the mold right off. It's made for boat cushions that see lots of moisture/mold and works great.

Sorry that the car has gotten to rotten to buy....

-
Back