I'M BACK!!! Well, kind of...

-

Thrashard340

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I'm back. I can't remember when I posted last...maybe around September of 08? Thanks to Ben (GTXperience) and Fastnos for checking in when I went MIA. Although I think Fastnos had alterior motives :mrgreen: (Don't worry Fastnos, if I sell the intake, you're first in line).

So for those of you who are interested, here's what happened. Nothing really bad happened per se, it was just a temporary shift in interests. Mainly, football season intervened. I know there are a few of you that don't dig the NFL but I still have a strong passion for the game. I don't know what it is, but no matter how much the league screws with the rules, I still find myself watching year after year. It's been a long time hobby of mine since 1991. I would say that I think I actually know more about football (at the NFL level, not college) more than I know Mopars. Which isn't saying much because ever since I joined this forum, I've realized that many of you have a ridiculously more amount of knowledge and experience in Mopar than I do. So what am I driving at?

Ever since 1991, Ive been following the NFL (starting with the 49ers). By 1995, I found myself at the local pub watching every Monday Night Football game. I did this for almost 3 seasons in a row. It was like "Cheers", when I walked through the door, the waitresses knew what pitcher of beer I would order first. Watching that much football does somthing to you. You end up knowing the rosters and coaches on every team along with the depth at each position outside of the starters. You also start to pick up on coaching philosophies. Anyways...blah, blah, blah.

Fast forward to 2001 when a friend of mine turned me on to fantasy football. It would seem like a natural fit since I knew almost all the players on every team. But it's a totally different animal. Between 2001 and 2006, I had primarily focused on a single league. Some years I did ok, some I totally tanked. In 2007, something clicked. I found that winning these things came easier. Between the office pools and fantasy football leagues, I started winning consistently. It's not a ridiculous sum of money, but I take home several hundred $'s in profit after the season ends. 2008 was no exception. I probably had my best year. I am starting to think that fantasy football is a supplemental form of tax-free income. The drawback is that it consumes my free time. When football season starts, I drop everything else...including the Mopars.

So now what? In between summer and now, my '72 Duster stopped running. I suspect the fuel pump because it has a good spark and the carb is not getting any fuel. I need to get this running within the next few weeks. I am considering parting with this vehicle. I need to downsize the fleet. The plan is to sell the '72 and my '95 Dakota. I would keep the '73 Duster(which is the #'s matching 340 ride). I also recently turned in my daily driver, a '98 Infiniti I30 for an '07 Mustang GT. Sorry guys. I know I have brought shame to the forum. But an untimely set of circumstances forced my hand into buying a new commuter. The original plan was to drive my I30 for several more years until I could buy a slightly used SRT8 Challenger. Things don't always work out the way you want it to though.

So here I am today...checking in. I see some new names along with some old ones. So "Hello" to everyone.:wave:

Holy smoke Stan! After the first two paragraphs, I decided to get my jammies on, make some popcorn and settle in to read the rest of your reintroduction. ;)

Hopefully, you can get the Duster up and running again soon and join us at a couple of events. BTW: A few of us are going to be swapping at the Goodguys this weekend (see my thread) if you are interested.

Good to hear from you.

Welcome back!! You for sure sound like youve had your hands full. Life sure has a way of throwing little twists and turns along with some road blocks in our way at times doesnt it? Good luck with getting the 72 back into shape and keep us posted!

Howdy :cheers: Yep it's me memike :-DGood to have you back, You sound like a good go to guy for the next season NFL pick's to me \\:D/, Glad that you enjoy it to and making a fun profit doing it.
Disconnect the fuel line to your carb and by pass your filter, It could be simple as that, But I am sure that you know that already.
I Hope everything goes good on firing up your duster, and glad to see you back,

I found me a football game picker for next season.:-D
If you don't mind Thrashard340 :-D

Stan!! I was wondering where you have been! Welcome back! Hopefully some us will see you at a car show soon. We need to do the Vic/Downtown Hayward sometime and finally get into Buffalo Bill's for some pints and food!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I also forgot to mention that economy has taken it's toll at the company I work at too so things have been pretty busy around here. But I plan on checking in with more regularity now.

Steve, you changed the av. Is that a new motor for the fastback?

Stan Stan Stan... Was wondering where ya dropped off to.... but now that I see it was football ... well all is forgiven !!... Its coming into spring... get back behind the wheel... all will be better.

-RPM

No,I WISH!!!! I just refreshed it with a new cam, and had the intake matched to the heads, then repainted it.

Steve, you changed the av. Is that a new motor for the fastback?[/QUOTE]

-
Back