I'm going in - wish me luck!

-
Duster346 said:
What is the status of the 1500 Ram surgery, doctor? :D :lol:

:salut:

Postponed. The guy who was supposed to help me with it had too much other stuff to get done, plus he had too many cars in his garage (where we were gonna work). We're gonna start on it Friday night.

turbodart said:
i wish i saw this post sooner, i wish you had gotten the mopar parts instead of fel-pro. a little more but alot better. yes, the new gasket is steel embossed. they also recommend new lower pan bolts. i recommend new intake bolts too asthe become brittle and are prone to break. also, as said too, the bypass and t-stat gaskets always seem to leak after too so change those too. i normally would remember the part numbers but i just started at our dealerships mitsubishi dealer, so my all mopar part# memory bank is slowly being replaced by mitsi numbers :(

The Fel-Pro kit I got was no good... It looks like the intake gaskets were bent, they're cracked.

Do you have the part number for the Mopar kit? And what does it come with?

I found 4897383AC as a part number, but I can't find any information on what's in that.

All done....

The ping is gone! WOOOHOO!

AdamR said:
Good deal. Hope I never have to do that job.

Ding, dong, the ping is gone, the ping is gone, the ping is gone!

I can't wait to fill up with 87 octane instead of 93...

It's got a hell of a lot more power now, too. It's like having a new truck!

The old gasket was ripped in 4 places, and the un-ripped areas were brittle, they snapped off when I tried to take it off. The inside of the intake was completely coated in oil.

But it's all fixed, now!

W00t!

-
Back