I'm going to look at a......

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
71 Dart tomorrow!:toothy6:
I been thinking of buying a 70/71 Dart and this one just came up so i'm go check it out.
It's a /6 red with black interior,the guy said it's solid and all original.

So if i decide to buy it that means the Duster will be up 4-sale.
I'll keep you posted on what i find.

Here's what i found,it wasn't as solid as the guy claimed it was!
Lower qtrs. had been patched and were starting to rot through again,trunk floor exts. were about gone!
Couple small holes rotted through under the back window,right inner fenderwell was almost rotted through.
Both front fenders needed replaced,and the end of the frame in the back was rotted through!
No i'm not buying it,he wanted $1800 for it i would have given him $500 at the most for it!
He also had 2 other one's there that were alot worse!
He said the one was a 340 4-speed car now it was a 318 auto. That thing freaking JUNK!
The only thing that was good on it was the front-clip and it had the original 8 3/4 rear.
Of course he wouldn't part it out either.
But on a brighter note my brother has a 71 Dart that i been wanting for a couple years now and he said that maybe he would willing to work out a trade for my Duster!
We put new qtrs. and trunk floor exts. on it and mini tubbed it but he never got it finished.
Other than that it's solid!
The springs just need to be relocated.
So i might get a Dart yet. Wish me luck!\\:D/

Sounds like most of the chase's I go on Kev. They have a piece of junk and think it's a gold mine.
That sounds like a good deal with you brother.

Jack

Years ago when I first got the idea of building a Barracuda I went hunting for over a YEAR before I found my car. Granted I WANTED a project to "keep me busy...." back then, so my goal was a solid, rust-free shell and everything else didn't matter. I would answer ads and go have a laugh. I went to look at a `67 383 Fastback " that needed resoration". I looked through the drivers window, through the seat, THROUGH the floor, and INTO the frame rail & torsion bar! Thing was worth *maybe* $500 for the exhaust manifolds and K frame. Guy wanted $2,500. Did I mention he had about 8 Chevy's in the driveway? He claimed he could " part it out and make $10,000". I wished him luck and left laughing my tail off! Then there was the "rust-free, easy resto" that had rust from the wiper motor to the taillights. Then there was....

I wound up buying a `62 Dodge Dart ( yeah, the BIG UGLY B-Body sized one....) that needed floors, but was rock solid otherwise. 2 months later I saw the ad for my car and figured "what the hell.... THIS is what I wanted" and went to look at it. I found a retired Florida drag car that was very complete, rust-free, and solid. The Dart was sold and I'm been fixing the damn Barracuda ever since.

Moral of the story? I need my morning coffee..... And hang in there Kev, one will find YOU !

Me and my brother talked about it today,his Dart needs just as much work as my Duster(maybe a little more)!
I didn't decide what i'm going to do yet,maybe i'll just keep hammering away on the Duster for now!
Most of the hard work on it is done i just need to fix the inner fenderwells yet.
And do the filler work on the qtrs.

-
Back