I'm having fun

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Trying to get the springs and Caltracs in.
Shocks don't fit on the upper mount, the bolt for the front bushing needs to be bigger, now the springs are off and ready to go back on and the parts stores are closed :violent1:

I hate when stuff doesn't fit like it should or has all the parts you need. For the price they charge for stuff I think it should allways fit and allways be right! I am on the fence now whether or not I am going to do my rear end swap this year. Hearing this doesn't get me to motivated!

Hold on a min. I did this to myself, with a little help.
First, The front bolt that was in th car was Wrong. I didn't know it but the PO put a steel bushing inside the springs bushing to take up the room, but the bolt flops around in the front hanger, so It needs to be replaced anyway. Also the bushings on my springs are much larger than the original, so I couldn't use them either.
Second, I was told by Calvert that the shock bolts needed to be changed, but I thought it was only the lower one.
Third, I bought the cal tracs used. They are actually for a B-Body so I had to get the shorter transfer link.
If I had bought the setup from Calvert I would still have had the same problem due to the springs and bolt being wrong.
I'm just agrivated with myself for wasting all this tome tonight. I should have just swapped gears, and waited to do the Cal-tracs when I could afford the mono springs.

-
Back