Im in need of some help.

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
As much as I hate to swallow my pride and do this I have to swallow my pride and do this. I am in a huge financial mess. My work van recently bit the dust and the block is cracked and unrepairable and I no longer have a van to do service work. For those who have followed my postings here and on Facebook you know of the issues with my wife who is sick and has been for over a year now. I was working for a plumber here for the past month but he let me go when my truck died. I have tried to get a loan through my credit union to purchase a used cargo van to get back on my feet but was denied from the credit union. I have started a gofundme fundraising page to try to raise enough to purchase a used van so I can get back on my feet.
I realize that times are tough and do not want to come off here as begging for help, but if there any of my FABO brothers and sisters out here who feel willing enough to help I would be very blessed for any assistance I can get. I do not know where else to turn as now I will soon not be able to keep the roof over my head if I do not work. Here is the link to the page: http://www.gofundme.com/gu7cyw
Any help is appreciated.
Thank You FABO
Moderators, If this is not allowed please remove my thread.

Frankie has a work van he's been trying to sell.

Well fellers we aint had a AUCTION in awhile what you say we help the feller . Im doing the santa thing but i will try to do both if yall want to get this started .

With the contract I had with HH Gregg, I had no choice but to let it go at the end of September due to barely any work. I was averaging 2-3 jobs a week at the end, despite hanging on since February to the promises of "There will be more work once new management gets here" After 2 management changes in six months, there was barely enough work to justify driving over an hour to do two to three calls a week. I ended up working for gas money. So I took the job with the plumber who has a contract with Lowe's at the end of August and was using my van to run his calls, but when the van went down, so did the job. I was trying to catch up on house bills that were behind at that point also. I asked him if he would help me out in getting the truck repaired and he could deduct it from my wages every week but he came back and said "You are still in your probation period with the company so we cannot do that" -So out the door I went. Now I am hanging on by a thread literally. I have no other vehicle to run service calls no much less haul around appliances in. My wife has applied for Disability SSI but was denied and she has started the process all over again. She was told it could take up to a year to get a hearing.

Sounds like your an independant? if so, you may just have to go get an employee job till you can come up with a work truck.
Something I had to do in 96. A company held my money for 120 days, could`nt hold out that long. I worked as an employee for a year and was layed off, went back as an independant and been surviving since.
Good luck

I would do that but I do not have another running vehicle. After the wife's durango was totaled last year and the insurance company refused to pay us anything, I have not had the resources to buy another vehicle.

Sorry about your troubles Sir. Has your wife appealed the SS claim? From what I remember after getting denied at the first step, which happens to damn near everyone you have a window to appeal it in, I believe it is 90 days or so. If denied at that stage the wait to see a judge can be very lengthy...a former co-worker was close to 4 years to see a judge....Good Luck..

it sucks being down and out, been there , done that, you need to just find a way to make it work. I even rode my bicycle back and forth to an 8.00 an hour job in the dead of winter. wish I could help , but im struggling myself. wish you the best

You did the right thing by asking. Stay positive Tom and God will make a way for you.

I have an offer to go to work as soon as I can get a truck. But thats the problem. No truck means no work. I am trolling Craigslist looking for any side work I can do in the interm and hanging on trying to keep the roof over my head. Rental agency dosen't care. I have not been late or short for over 4 yrs in this house and they told me if I am late ten days after the first of the month on rent they will automatically start eviction procedures against me. As soon as I get back on my feet I will be looking to move my family out of here and hopefully find a cheaper rental home. My current rent is $975.00/month

Did you PM Frankie? He has a Ford van. FOR SALE.

Times are tough for many people and sucks too see it that bad for you. I can't offer much as far as cash but would love to donate stuff for an auction if one is held. You have been a great member for this site and have helped many members out before. I think you did the right thing by asking for help, I am sure it was hard to do....keep your head up and I'm sure we can offer some relief.

We're so bad off, we're still not out of the woods yet with foreclosure and are almost certainly going to have to file bankruptcy, but I think we can come up with 20 sometime this week. I'll never be too strapped to help someone in real need. I also shared your page on Facebook. Good luck, Tom.

Thanks everyone. This was not easy to do. I am embarrased to have had to ask at all. I now find myself on the other side of the fence. Usually I will try to help out anyone if I can and look it's me who needs the help now. Strange how things can turn so quickly.

-
Back