I'm rebuilding a 1972 dart and am new.

-

Ted Johnson

green hornet
Reaction score
I'm Ted and I'm rebuilding a 1972 dart. The dart came to me because my stepmother died and left it to the kids. I'm one of them and the oldest, 70. I used to think GTOs were fast. I find not so. The car had a slant six and auto. Seemed like not much fun so I bought a 340 and proceeded to make some changes. Wanted to make a hot rod for me. I hired a freind to help meand we tore it apart since then my frend got bored and would not show up so I guess it's up to me. I don't know too much about wrenching but will learn. I've got the engine in and am converting to 4 speed. The 4 speed is an overdrive. The rear is an 8 3/4 .391. The engine has a cam, Edelbrock heads and a double pumper 750 . It's painted a nice roadrunner green and is starting to look good. I'm constantly running into problems along the way because I don't know how to do anything about wrenching. I've been using this forum for help but just what I can find that works for my project. The dash has a full set of auto meters in a rocky mountain dash and am nearly ready to put it back in. The engine has mechanicals and I have found someone that that knows about race engines, he started the motor. New cam etc. he said everything was oiling ok. My guy is pretty expensive so I'm going to do more of my own work.. That pretty much it for now.

Welcome! It's good to see you're not just giving up, there's lots of good help on here. Post pictures if you can, I love seeing projects.

THE BEST WAY TO TEACH YOURSELF IS WITH BOOKS. There are " how to rebuild small block mopar" books ect.

Welcome to FABO Ted.
Might want to edit that address location under your name.
It's in "User CP" at the top of the page on the right.

-
Back