I'm stuck in Canton Ohio

-

augiepaw

Reaction score
Hey all I'm stuck here in Canton Ohio for two weeks for schooling. I need something to do this weekend. Any suggustions? I do know that Summit is here. But what else?

Good luck, I got stuck working there for a few weeks back in 97 or 98 (winter time). There was nothing to do but drink. So I did! and that was about it.

There is a cool hotel in Akron that was once a group of tall cement storage silos for Quaker Oats that is now converted to a decent hotel with some neat designs, round rooms, etc. I stayed there for a few weeks on a different job, has a neat railroad museum attached and a few other stores inside. Still not a lot to do there in winter time, especially if you are a Florida boy like me.

I think Akron is about half an hour away.

If you decide to head further north to Cleveland, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is there. I've been told the house from the movie "A Christmas Story" is there also and that they have a museum there with items from the movie.

Science Museum is ok, near President McKinley's Monunment nothing spetacular but it is good for a partial day. Football Hall of Fame of Course. Akron has the Soap Box Derby museum I think. Also there is a car museum
http://cantonclassiccar.org/findus.htm
jegs is in Columbus.

Also you have Amish country down off of route 241.

Google swap meet sometimes they have a swap meet at the fairgrounds not sure of the time frame of it, held through out the year.

I live about 45 minutes away. Too bad its winter, Quaker City Raceway is probably only half an hour or so from where you are I think. The only other thing around here that I can think of is snow. Its everywhere and I hate it.

-
Back