I'm the 2nd owner of a 1966 valiant conv.

-

convx4

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I also posted this on the early valiant web page.

I just brought home a 1966 valiant convertible. This car was only 20 miles from my house.
The original owner held on to the car until today(8-10-2013). He did stop driving it in 1994 after he rear ended some one, he was 72 at that time. In 1994 he started to repair the damage but did not complete the job. So the car has sat for almost 2o years. Two years ago an old car friendly neighbor pushed the car out of the garage and got it running out of a fuel can. At that time he pushed on brake pedal, causing the front left wheel to lock and freeze tight. He then had to remove the wheel and brake drum to free up the binders. He got the car back into the garage until I retrieved today.
The car will need to be gone through to become road worthy. I plan on going through the fuel system and the completely through brakes.

I have/had owned several outer convertible mopars, currently this is the only a-body.

I do not plan on doing a restoration to the car. Just want to get back on the road and hope fully I can find some of the missing items to get back presentable.

Luckily even with out the keys I was able to get it loaded and back home with out incident.

Now to find out what is in the trunk.

Attachments

• 1966 valiant convertable 002 (Medium).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 223
Welcome to a great site!
Very cool car.
I think that's a great color for these cars .

Little old man story work just as good as the little old lady story.
Take some detailed pics...they will be useful for those doing restos and need a good reference.
273 or /6 ?
Nice find!

-
Back