Im the Hero of the day.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
The neighbor Kid (16) was working on his mom's Land Rover Discovery. It has an air bag suspension.

He was reaching over the rear tire messing with the air line..........

You guessed it. He let the air out, dropping the body and pinning his arm between the tire and the wheel opening.

Please use Jack Stands.

Good job, kid was very lucky and hope he learned a lesson, you are a hero :cheers:

Amen, and good on you for saving the kid!

I remember my father teaching me to keep my hands below the centerline of the wheel when changing tires for that exact reason...taught my kids (and wife) the same lesson.

Where my hand is, is where his biceps was. (Damn these pics are huge.)

DSCN0221_zpsf346f903.jpg

DSCN0220_zpsd55f159f.jpg

Wow!! I bet it will be blue tomorrow, Good going superman ... and yes always use jack stands

The kid is a dumb asssssssssssssssssssssssssss,u sir are a HERO.

Just because he made a mistake doesn't mean he is a dumb ***. Not everyone has someone to teach them the correct way to do things.

1968formulaS340-Glad you were able to help him and that he wasn't seriously hurt.

We live and we learn, at least he was outside trying to do something productive and help his mom out rather than sit on his butt playing video games all day.

This could have happened to anyone. How many of you guys knew it had air bags?!? Don't call this poor guy stupid.

Thankful you were there to help and glad to hear he is ok! I've seen alot worse outcomes than that. It is so easy to get in a hurry and have something like that happen. Let this be a leason or reminder to all of us. Be safe.

Good for you!
Dad not around? Is that why the kid is working on moms vehicle?? Maybe mom will give you some "thanks"??

Everybody does stupid stuff when they're young.

I feel very lucky to have survived, still have my eyesight, all my fingers and toes and most of my hearing after all the stupid stuff I did while young, and even not so young.

So whenever you can, share that hard-earned knowledge about doing things safely so others can survive intact into older age.

Gary

Everybody does stupid stuff when they're young.

I feel very lucky to have survived, still have my eyesight, all my fingers and toes and most of my hearing after all the stupid stuff I did while young, and even not so young.

So whenever you can, share that hard-earned knowledge about doing things safely so others can survive intact into older age.

Gary

**** I'm old and still do stupid stuff :D, Glad you were there to save him :mrgreen:

-
Back