Impact wrench suggestions?

-

fnaramore

POWEEERRRRRR
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone got any brand of impact wrench they really like? Now that I'm really looking to take apart my engine and all; I'm looking for an electric one. Don't care about cordless or not, just a good one I can depend on.

I used a buddies Dewalt 20 volt the other day. Seemed very well built. Had plenty of torque. I kept thinking I gotta get one of these.

My son's Dewalt has stayed busy for 2 years know, building decks and changing tires in the pit's at out dirt track, I used it many times and yes it zip's them right on or off.. I said good by to air and electric :cheers: handy tool and I see them on many wrecker's these days :coffee2:

I got a cheap 50 dollar one from Harbor Freight. I was going to use it and return it, but I ended up liking it haha. I don't use it that much so it works great for me.

Air only here! Everything else is second rate bullsh!t.

I got mine at home depot. It is green, but the brand name eludes me. It changed my life! You can do much more and no air lines or cords to drag around...

Dewalt or Snap On, otherwise pneumatic. The specs for Milwaukee look good but have never used one.

I have a Chicago Electric that I picked up at a tool sale a few years ago and it does OK on normal stuff but when I wanted to get the stubborn suspension off my rust welded 92Wrangler apart I had to resort to my IR 231C air impact. The electric is handy but doesn't have the torque of the air.

wallmart started to sell a brand forget the name but its a gold black color and the brand starts with a B. i like it.

this is what i use
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-t...rdless/2762-22
18 volt cordless impack
I have a snap on 1/2 air impact that i use in the garage that works well, but on the farm some times thing brake where you have no air and or electric

X2.......... I also recommend them, but on the air side of things, we have
a MAC Indy 500 gun, that works well, is about 20 YO or so........ and a Milwaukee, and a NAPA 1/2 air impact wrenches. I thing all the brand names are pretty good, in my opinion.

I have an older Porter Cable that I picked up at a pawn shop and it really surprised me how much power it has. I don't know the rating on it cause the tag is worn beyond readability but it has taken stuff off that was torqued to 150 lbs with ease. The 1 drawback is it's corded, but an electric cord is easier to drag around than an air hose so it's not all bad. Another good thing is I never have to worry about the battery going dead while I'm in the middle of something.

If you go cordless i'd recomend Dewalt. Their nicad and lithium batteries and chargers are interchangable.

I have a 3/8 dewalt 12v and love it, also have a 1/2 ingersol electric too. Both are great.

-
Back