Impressive street car...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Have seen this Mustang at Spokane County Raceway every time I am there. Was heading there on Saturday, cruising down 231 he was behind me. Swaps some slicks on it....rows his way thru a bunch of 10.6 passes...with our air these correct to 10.3...swaps the slicks for street tires and heads home...
FB_IMG_1502722930942.jpg
FB_IMG_1502722917025.jpg
FB_IMG_1502722860065.jpg

The Cougar is a 3 pedal car as well. Mid 9 second car...

Gotta admit Ford's have been growing on me lately. I've hated them my whole life through DNA brainwashing, but a grabber green Mach 1 in my garage wouldn't bother me one bit.

my Gramps raced a gorgeous 65 Fastback with CVAR out of Texas. That beastie literally shook the ground. He moved on to Formula Vee's after the trailer broke free at 70mph on the highway, and the Mustang, still on the trailer, passed him and continued down the road...

back in '66 the fastest 1/4 mi.car in s w Ga was a mustang coupe, 289 4 speed. no tach even. shifted by ear. ... no track....., just a late night lonely road. he ran for $100. rarely beat. he never would say, but figured Carrol Shelby had something to do with it.

if you only like mopars you are missing a lot of the hobby.I have many mopar favourites but there are a lot nice other makes too.
Nice Mustang!

I've owned many other brands, including Fords. Among the Fords I had '54 Ford crestline, two '66 Fairlane 2dr hrdtps, '64 Galaxie 4 dr, '63 Fairlane, '81 turbo Mustang and a bunch of other stuff. But I'm mopar 1st, for sure! Make no mistake about it! But older cars appeal to me.

Last edited:
-
Back