In need of home remedys

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
Hi all I have been having some real bad pain in my hands,found out it is artheritisand the doc wants to operate . He says that there is no guarantee that the surgery will help.I can't take ibuprophen because i'm allergic, so anyone have any home remedys?..............................Thanks......Jeff:banghead:

Yea, have you checked into bee stinging?
From what I understand it can help tremendously.

Might want to do some research on it.

I had a dental hygienist that swore spraying WD40 on the affected joint(s) would immediately eliminate her arthritis pain. I found it hard to believe, but she swore it was true. I've heard others also agree with this home remedy.

Good luck my friend!

I have had an affair with Mr. Arthur Itus since before I was 10 years old. I am now 56. In all of those years I have tried a lot of so-called home remedies and prescribed medicine. I have yet to find anything that works without some bad side effects. The home remedies are old wives tales and any prescriptions I tried that actually worked some were extremely hard on the stomach so if you take them over a long period you have 2 big problems.
I live with pain everyday, some days worse than others. At present, I need 2 knees replaced and one hip. This was all diagnosed 10 years ago. I live with the pain because the alternative is not very appealing at my age. My wife started feeling the effects of arthritus about 10 years ago. Her first words to me about it were, "how can you live with such pain every day".
Unfortunately, until they come up with a medicine that can either reverse the effects of arthritus or control the pain without bad side effects or addiction, then I think we are doomed to live in pain.

Great outlook isn't it? Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull.

Jack

The WD40 is no bullshit. It works.

Another vote on trying the wd40, mechanic I know swears by it.

From what my shoulder surgeon told me once you have it cleaned up with surgery you might as well have a zipper put in because they will be going back in every few years to clean it up again....

Thanks for the replys,not really what I wanted to hear.I have lots of wd40 guess I will give it a try.Thanks.............................jeff

I have recently [last 2 years] been diagnosed with arthritis in both wrists/hands and my neck, back, knees. My neck is the worst followed by my wrists I have tried pretty much everything over the counter and it helped for a short time them nothing, doctor won't prescribe nothing right now [not bad enough I suppose] so I live with the pain/discomfort. Getting old is becoming a pain literally. I'll try the WD40 I like the smell and if it works it's a win win!!!

Don't use WD 40. Its pertrolum base. You might as well drink oil. It will effect you!
My Dr. gave me a prescription for Tramadol. I think it's spelled wrong. It helps my
back and my arther . Wont get it all gone. But makes it bearable.

Vicodin has acetaminophen in it.......hard on the liver....be careful

WD40 is fish oil in a spray can--Just letting ya know

Like Coyote Jack said, the best advise I can give would be cherry extract and relaxation therapy, music, water, keep your mind busy and happy as you can....
I am elegaic to aspirin, and denied what med's my doctor wanted me to take, I have been dealing with this in my back and neck for 30 years, they did go into my shoulder and clean/scrap/smooth and dig a ditch in my right rotater cup (pinching of nerves) about 12 years ago, Controlled easy motion in water gives me relief and being very careful not to do something silly like grab a pickle jar that is hard to open.. or jump out of the back of a truck and land on your feet That was the last bad thing I did, yes I had a few cold wobbly pops in me and I am paying for it know.
Move smart and relax as you do things, I have elected the big needle a few times, but very rarely, Cortisone is a quick fix but it is bad for you in the long run..
I have a friend that was put on some drug and he is feeling no pain, but... BUT,, the man in my opinion is going nut's and it has messed his life up.
Look up (on your computer) soothing self help exercise for Arthur and do it! not half way ether !! fill your mind with what you can to keep the pain from taking you down a bad path.. Not moving will make it worse!! controlled movement with out putting pressure on Arthur area's makes Arthur hid . Me , A shot of Tequila after breakfast keeps me from setting and get's my mind creative, Just one!! not 3.

Ya,I know...surprised I have a liver left.Going to try water therapy and see if it helps.

My wife has had a few rounds of pool therapy. It worked very well......as long as she kept going. Once Medicare said enough was enough what they were treating her for returned in a few weeks...

If you can buy a Jaccuzi cheap, that might be the way to go. All you have to do is sit there and let the water jets do their thing.

Jack

I live on Tramadol and Oxycodone. Every 7 weeks I go off the meds for a week to ensure I do NOT get addicted to the meds and give my stomach a rest. During the week without meds I use a heating pad and super hot showers to cope with the pain. I have to loose 100 lbs. and then I can have both knees replaced. I know several people that have replacement knees put in and I am looking forward to the operation. My knees have no padding in the joint and bone spurs. Heat works.
I hope this helps some.

Michael

I am out of town often and I stay at a motel with a hot tub,It seems to help quite a bit.....Thanks for all the replys............................Jeff

Jeff, I'll tell you what I use and it's not as crazy as it sounds. I have arthritis in my hand joints bad. I use a product for horses actually called Horsemans Dream. It's a lotion analgesic that soaks in over time and has helped me more than any drugs I've been prescribed. You need to use it consistently once you start but it really works. Also dries and won't stain and no lingering smell like bengay or flexal. Buy it on line or at the farm stores. Don't laugh until you try it. Dan

Jeff, I'll tell you what I use and it's not as crazy as it sounds. I have arthritis in my hand joints bad. I use a product for horses actually called Horsemans Dream. It's a lotion analgesic that soaks in over time and has helped me more than any drugs I've been prescribed. You need to use it consistently once you start but it really works. Also dries and won't stain and no lingering smell like bengay or flexal. Buy it on line or at the farm stores. Don't laugh until you try it. Dan

I will look for this.......anything, with in reason, is worth trying......

-
Back