In search of magnesium mini lites

-

destroked 303

Reaction score
I have a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda, and am in search of 15"x8" 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern magnesium mini lites. I don't know if anyone makes them anymore, or if anyone on here has a set?

Before you spend big bucks on these...unless you have some serious mods going on, those 15x8s won't do you any good on the front.

Also, aren't magnesium wheels known for being fragile/brittle? Yeah, they're extremely light weight and the originals look cool as hell..but for all that extra cash and the possibility of a cracked wheel and/or a white hot wheel fire...Aluminum might not be a bad option.

Those are made out of aluminum, but thankyou for trying.

Unless your car is made out of titanium and fiberglass and you're filling your tires with helium, if it's the right brand and the right style you'll run those wheels and like it, mister.

Now go clean your room and take out the [Chevy] trash!

If you want the mag color, your friendly local anodizer or powder coating Cuda driving chick can hook you up.

What....no love for the non mags? :p
20170629_203459.jpg

While not for everybody, I'm happy with the analogue that I found... Rota RKR...they only come in 15x8 so I had to have two of them narrowed making the setup a bit more pricey than they should have been but these are the wheels that were the closest to the look I wanted.

FullSizeRender (20).jpg

While not for everybody, I'm happy with the analogue that I found... Rota RKR...they only come in 15x8 so I had to have two of them narrowed making the setup a bit more pricey than they should have been but these are the wheels that were the closest to the look I wanted.

View attachment 1715083298
Those look really nice. I need the magnesium as I plan to race my car, and I would rip the centers out of aluminum wheels. So until I can afford magnesium I'll use steel racing wheels.

-
Back