In Shackles...

-

70DartSedan

Not Banned - just hiding
Reaction score
As our cars get older they get rusty if they are exposed to water and so on and so forth. Bottom line is that I tried to replace my leaf spring shackle bushings and get the ride a little better but when I got to wrenching on the nuts, they were almost off and they busted on the stud, and sheared off. The parts stores don't carry the parts, not even rock auto. Does anyone know if the Charger or B-Body shackles are the same?

As our cars get older they get rusty if they are exposed to water and so on and so forth. Bottom line is that I tried to replace my leaf spring shackle bushings and get the ride a little better but when I got to wrenching on the nuts, they were almost off and they busted on the stud, and sheared off. The parts stores don't carry the parts, not even rock auto. Does anyone know if the Charger or B-Body shackles are the same?

as far as i know yes.

UPDATE: The bushings fit the car as expected. the shackles' stud diameter is a little to big for the bushing, but, the spring eyelet and the upper hanger are all cruddy. I'm going to sand blast the upper hangers and clean out the eyelets with my dremel tool.

-
Back