in this time of selfishness..

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
thought i would share a little story

one of our friends is going through a hard time, been living in a hotel and finally got herself and her little girl an apartment

however, she needs furniture and it is 9 at nite...3 hours before the lock down
so my wife starts asking her family and her brother says "this lady has a bed, give her a call"
in the mean time, im getting ready to head out and pick this bed up, but i have my wife call the lady because the lady no speakie the english

im just about to head out when my wife shakes her head, i guess we're not going

now, i understand the times, maybe she wanted too much for the bed, or wanted me to pay in toilet paper or something, but after she hung up, the wife explained that she was the one who nixed the deal

apparently, this lady is not trying to unload a bed her son outgrew, he is still using it
she just figured our friend needed it more, so she could just put her son in bed with her and give us his bed

not what i was expecting

figured I'd brag on myself too here
I was leaving the supermarket today, and overheard a conversation between a cashier and a gentleman in a wheelchair, wearing a "navy veteran" cap
(from the looks of it, Vietnam era)
I heard him say he couldn't find toilet paper anywhere, so I reached into my cart and gave him one of the 3 four packs I had bought

figured I'd brag on myself too here
I was leaving the supermarket today, and overheard a conversation between a cashier and a gentleman in a wheelchair, wearing a "navy veteran" cap
(from the looks of it, Vietnam era)
I heard him say he couldn't find toilet paper anywhere, so I reached into my cart and gave him one of the 3 four packs I had bought
Not bragging my friend just the right thing to do. look after one another and help anyway we can.

thought i would share a little story

one of our friends is going through a hard time, been living in a hotel and finally got herself and her little girl an apartment

however, she needs furniture and it is 9 at nite...3 hours before the lock down
so my wife starts asking her family and her brother says "this lady has a bed, give her a call"
in the mean time, im getting ready to head out and pick this bed up, but i have my wife call the lady because the lady no speakie the english

im just about to head out when my wife shakes her head, i guess we're not going

now, i understand the times, maybe she wanted too much for the bed, or wanted me to pay in toilet paper or something, but after she hung up, the wife explained that she was the one who nixed the deal

apparently, this lady is not trying to unload a bed her son outgrew, he is still using it
she just figured our friend needed it more, so she could just put her son in bed with her and give us his bed

not what i was expecting
Thanks
I needed that.

-
Back